Falkirk 0 - 1 Rangers (FT)

Perhaps i'm being a bit of a romantic but I really want us to win the Ramsdens Cup, another new competition to try and add to our world record trophy haul.

Don't get me wrong mate, I want to win it too. All I'm saying is that it could make a difference as to whether we sign a player or not. The other week there the Brazilian lad Moritz was sent packing because he refused to play in a bounce game. Despite us obviously not wanting to take a punt on a player without seeing him in action first we're not taking advantage of the opportuinty to take a look at any of these players in a proper competitive setting. We've only got 10 days left and we desperately need some attacking mid options. If it was me I'd give the Argentinian kid a shot.

Apparently even the French kid we signed today hasn't made the squad. We're still waiting on international clearance. Didn't think that would stop us playing them as trialists but if it does then that kind of makes my point moot as we don't have any Scottish trialists atm.

'0 - Falkirk have kicked off the match at Falkirk Stadium. Come on Rangers! #FFCvRFC

'3 - Fairly steady start from Rangers. Looking sharp across the pitch. First competitive start for Hegarty & a first start for Emilson.

'4 - Falkirk pouring forward on the counter there, but Bocanegra live to the situation and cut the threaded ball out well.

'6 - Excellent chance for Little! The ball worked into the penalty area from the left, Little turned inside the box, the shot saved.

'9 - Throw in on the right hand side by Falkirk, turned and a low cross into the box, but Emilson reads it and coolly clears.

'11 - Big shout for a handball at the edge of the box. Little got on to it & it looked to come off the hand of the defender. Nothing given.

'11 - Moments later Falkirk sweep forward on the counter attack & whip a dangerous ball across the 6 yard box - inches away from a striker.

'19 - Black covering every blade of grass in the middle of the park, chasing everything down. Evenly matched & goalless at Falkirk Stadium.

'20 - Half chance for Falkirk. Sibbald crossing the ball to the back post, Kingsley with a shot deflected off Hegarty for a corner - cleared

'25 - It's 0:0 still with Falkirk looking keen to hit on the break. Broadfoot with a dinked pass to McKay who couldn't get it under control.

'27 - Some more sustained pressure from Rangers now with a couple of throw ins in a row. Falkirk been able to clear so far. Come on Rangers!