Rangers could be fast-tracked into second tier via league reconstruction

Yes, Murray paid for some of his mismanagement with £50m, and Craig Whyte was fined £200k and banned syne die from Scottish football. So should we apply those "punishments" to Regan?

The point is, who can and will punish Regan? As for reconstruction, I won't go into overdrive here, just hope that Longmuir and the SFL teams have the balls and make their mark.

I would assume that some teams beyond the SFL can be promoted into the system (Spartans?) and make up the numbers.

The point is, who can and will punish Regan? As for reconstruction, I won't go into overdrive here, just hope that Longmuir and the SFL teams have the balls and make their mark.

There are plenty of SFL clubs who want to give him a vote of no-confidence however, they thought the timing was inappropriate and I'd assume that the SFA AGM would be the time to do it. But many clubs might have calmed down by then and lost the appetite.

I would a ssume that some teams beyond the SFL can be promoted into the system (Spartans?) and make up the numbers.

I think the leagues are too bloated as they are with clubs that would not be in the senior ranks of other countries. If we're gong to do that it should be more like the Conference in England with automatic promotion and relegation with regional leagues.

The SPL brand is tainted and beyond redemption in most peoples eyes. So why would we want to join an extended dying corrupt organisation?

The SFL has the most votes in any referendum on "reconstruction" so therefore that IS where our power lies with the SFL. We as a club must ensure the any new organisation that emerges the ashes of the Sphell must be under the auspices of the SFL and corrupt officials from the SPL must be removed from office. Along with the usual suspects of Regan, Liewell, Lunny, Petrie, Thomson and Riley. If these apparatchiks are not removed the Scottish Football and especially Rangers are signing ourselves up to the same old corruption and anti-Rangers bigotry that exist in the corridors of power at the SFA/SPL.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

With only 30 natural games a season there would have to be a split or play offs for the title and relegation etc.

Could leave space for a winter break. But a good idea would be to have some league cup games played on weekends, might generate some more interest into it plus it could be wrapped up early in October / November like it used to be when it was an interesting competition.

The truth is that a country the size of Scotland should not have 42 'senior' teams. We should probably have a top division, a second division, and then regional stuff... problem is what smaller team is going to vote for that? we'd have to 'demote' some of the smaller teams... Also you're looking at an 18 team league top flight to avoid 4 games a season against 1 team, or any of the splitting malarky... There is a minimum number of games needed a year for the league to satisfy UEFA for european entry... Interesting times!