Left back cover?

There's an 18 year old named Matty Clarke who's a Northern Ireland youth internationalist. He didn't turn 18 till March this year, so was playing for our U17s last season. According to his profile on Elfideldo's blog he alternated between left-back and left midfield last season.

i would much rather him than another player played out of position.

i would much rather him than another player played out of position.

That's what I was thinking too. There's also a young left back called Jamie Mills who's only about 16 and he's meant to be lightning fast, but I think he'd probably be too young to step up to the first team. I'm sure there's other left backs in the youth system who could step up though.

That's what I was thinking too. There's also a young left back called Jamie Mills who's only about 16 and he's meant to be lightning fast, but I think he'd probably be too young to step up to the first team. I'm sure there's other left backs in the youth system who could step up though.

there must be and if the manager has to turn to the greek or a centre half to play left back again then the man in charge of our youth system must be sacked immediately.

ally will just throw a center half in there and hope for the best.

So true

He probably won't even play 4 at the back.

He's clueless.

He reminds me of McLeish in many ways. Where all that was missing from the shambles was putting the goalkeeper in attack just to see what happened.

Sorry let me correct that, putting the goalkeeper in defence just to see what happened.

Edited by Daniel Amokachi

there must be and if the manager has to turn to the greek or a centre half to play left back again then the man in charge of our youth system must be sacked immediately.

Can't argue with that at all. Recent events have left us with one left back, so we should be depending on the youth system to provide a good young left back as emergency cover for Wallace.

Matty Clarke now seems to have settled at left back and could certainly come in at the level we are playing at.

Jamie Mills is quick but so is Usain Bolt, he is okay but personally I thought Ross Kellock was the better player, he has been released and signed for St.Mirren.

Matty Clarke now seems to have settled at left back and could certainly come in at the level we are playing at.

Jamie Mills is quick but so is Usain Bolt, he is okay but personally I thought Ross Kellock was the better player, he has been released and signed for St.Mirren.

now why doesnt that surprise me. :(