Left back cover?

Matty Clarke now seems to have settled at left back and could certainly come in at the level we are playing at.

Jamie Mills is quick but so is Usain Bolt, he is okay but personally I thought Ross Kellock was the better player, he has been released and signed for St.Mirren.

Are there other left backs for Ally to chose from then or is Matty Clarke the best option?

Next in line to Matty Clarke would be Jordan Wilson (Tommy Wilson's nephew) who is a year younger. I know a lot don't agree with me but I think he is a decent player. Matty would be the only real option for promotion at the moment, more like someone would be played out of position.

Thanks elfideldo. :tu:

So, it sounds like Ally maybe has the lad Matty as a possible option. I'm guessing another option would be to just bring in a couple of left back trialists if Lee Wallace gets injured or suspended.

Thanks elfideldo. :tu:

So, it sounds like Ally maybe has the lad Matty as a possible option. I'm guessing another option would be to just bring in a couple of left back trialists if Lee Wallace gets injured or suspended.

Does that option create a loophole in theory that we could have a player training with us all the time, getting a pay and just appearing as a trialist every match? Or is there a game limit?

Does that option create a loophole in theory that we could have a player training with us all the time, getting a pay and just appearing as a trialist every match? Or is there a game limit?

122. PLAYING OF PLAYERS WITHOUT REGISTRATION

No more than two Trialists from any grade of football may be allowed to

play, or be listed as a substitute for any club in any Championship match

up to and including 31st March in any season.

122.1 Each Trialist may be allowed to play in, or be listed as a substitute for, a

maximum of three games for any one club, provided he is otherwise eligible

to do so. Clubs playing a player in these circumstances must indicate the

fact by adding the words â??not registeredâ? after such playerâ??s name and

address, place and date of birth, previous club, and the country in which he

last played, in the list of players in their Report of Result of the game.

122.2 Trialists, in accordance with the terms of this Rule and Rule 123

(Transfer/Temporary Transfer of Registration During Currency of Contract),

may not play or be listed as a substitute in any Championship match after

31st March in any season except with the prior consent of the Board.

So it's a 3 game limit per trialist simplythebest.

If Wallace got injured, Ally could bring in 2 or 3 left backs on trial, but unless they're of U18 status they would need to be made aware of our transfer embargo and told that we wouldn't be able to sign them officially until next season.

So it's a 3 game limit per trialist simplythebest.

If Wallace got injured, Ally could bring in 2 or 3 left backs on trial, but unless they're of U18 status they would need to be made aware of our transfer embargo and told that we wouldn't be able to sign them officially until next season.

Suppose you could get some willing for such an arrangement, even to get some match fitness.

Suppose you could get some willing for such an arrangement, even to get some match fitness.

Aye and the press coverage of coming to Rangers on trial would be attractive to some players as well because it gets their name thrown around and highlighted as players looking for a club. Could be a win win situation for everyone I guess.