not often I remember a game when we got gubbed. I was there....what a team Dundee had then.....Liney,Hamilton,Cox,Seith ,Ure,Wishart,Smith,Penman,Cousin,Gilzean and Robertson..

Edited by colinstein

That Dundee side would have trounced the Lisbon bauble winners.

So would ours. Ritchie, Shearer, Caldow, Davis, Paterson, Baxter, Scott, McMillan, Christie, Brand and Wilson.

I remember auld Willie Roberts (Communist Party and Baliol College, Oxford) getting on the bus saying five breakaways.

Aye, Willie, once is happenstance, twice is coincidence but five?

Edited by Scott7

I missed that Dundee drubbing. It was foggy in Glasgow that day. I got as far as Paisley Road Toll on the trolley bus to be told that the game was off. I think Rangers played Dundee in the League Cup section qualifiers that year and at Ibrox despite much pressing Ian Ure was everywhere for Dundee and secured a draw.

The league cup was 4 - 2 at Ibrox and 1 - 1 at Dens.

Bob Crampsey said that Dundee team was the best Scottish league side he'd seen.

From their wikipedia page

Gordon Smith earned the unique distinction of being the only player to win the Scottish football championship with three different clubs (Hibs, Hearts and Dundee), none of them either half of the traditionally dominant Old Firm.[

absolutely incredible.