Lost 3 goals from corners. Would point the finger at Billiy Ritchie for 2 of them. I remember listening to it on the wireless.

I was at the return game when Greavse took us apart. Again sloppy defending. Ended 3 2 for Tottenham I think

ps I think Spurs won that cup that year

Edited by colinstein

Lost 3 goals from corners. Would point the finger at Billiy Ritchie for 2 of them. I remember listening to it on the wireless.

I was at the return game when Greavse took us apart. Again sloppy defending. Ended 3 2 for Tottenham I think

ps I think Spurs won that cup that year

I think it was Jimmy Greaves book I read, where he said they identified Rangers weakness in the air. They had done their homework, years before Rangers thought of doing similar.

That was a stunning 'Spurs team.

At Ibrox I remember standing next to the touchline wall and seeing the Spurs full back just chipping the ball over a Rangers player's head to a team mate, I was impressed and realised Rangers were not the best team in the world :violin: Spurs went on to win the tournament that year, the first British team to win a European trophy I think.

Professionalism is Paramount in football in the build up to a major final...

Jim Baxter during both teams taking the park before the 1963 Cup Final with a half empty C*ltic end in the background and a shit fearing Billy McNeil in the foreground...

baxter_with_ball_1963_3_0_celtic_scottish_cup.jpg

Rangers won the Cup 3-0.