On this day 41 years ago, a testimonial for the late John Lunn of Dunfermline, Monday, November 11, 1974, a Dunfermline Select played an Old Firm Select at East End Park. The game finished 3-3.

All I know is Denis Law scored the equaliser to take it to penalties, Dunfermline won after Dixie Deans sent his effort over the bar.

The picture below shows the match programme front, back and centre pages.

John%20Lunn.png

Not a bad team, the select.

Deans hoofing it over the bar again. His altimeter was always a bit suspect.

My memory may be failing me but i seem to recall him doing it on purpose on this occasion unlike before.

Edited by onevision

3403996-15th-october-1949-a-policemen-gives-advice-to-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OCUJ5gVf7YdJQI2Xhkc2QEpeSYsZg6bVBAOzQohxgN4Es2oNSkwjszLbesU4ZMwBYUjAifV90ciKmDwc79uw1KTfBWUis%2btanVgqH%2bA1Vug%3d

A policemen gives advice to a fan at the local derby football match between Glasgow Rangers and Celtic at the Ibrox stadium in Glasgow. Large crowds always gather for the 'Old Firm' matches between Rangers and Celtic. The importance of the event and the religious friction which has often accompanied these fixtures have led to disturbances both on and off the pitch. Rangers won this match 4-0.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...