The 0 - 4 thrashing was a G Cup thrashing. I think it came a couple of season's after Kai's final. Lou Macari and a lot of other kids played that night. The press had stories about Stein sending out his apprentice boys to do the job.

The 5 -1 debacle was 2 January 1966 and Davy did indeed open the scoring in the second minute. Rangers still led 0 - 1 at half-time.

The 0 - 4 thrashing was a G Cup thrashing. I think it came a couple of season's after Kai's final. Lou Macari and a lot of other kids played that night. The press had stories about Stein sending out his apprentice boys to do the job.

The 5 -1 debacle was 2 January 1966 and Davy did indeed open the scoring in the second minute. Rangers still led 0 - 1 at half-time.

The 5-1 game is the one I was on about . Thanks mate. I got it wrong in that I thought it took place just before the Scottish cup final. Looking at the link below I see the cup final replay was played in April so maybe I wasn't so far wrong. I know that after the 5-1 game we switched Kai and Davie Provan because of the mauling Hughes had given Kai. He did the same to Provan in the 0-0 final so Kai got switched back to his normal position.

One thing that amazes me about Kai's goal is how it is usually quoted as being anything from 25 to 35 yards out. I believed that when he scored too. However, he actually struck the ball from inside the 18 yard box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbQaRPc5GKc

Edited by boabie

znviqg.jpg

got Johnny's book delivered today "The Penalty King"

I loved the old v neck shirt, I wish we could do a year Retro and bring it back. I don't suppose it would look the same with all the adverts and players names though.

Did you know.... if you weren't at the rangers v rangers blues v the whites pre-season game at ibrox in 1998 you never got to see Daniel Prodan play in the 2 and a half years he was at the club....were you there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...