Rangers, the young players and Motherwell....

"If it works don't fix it"

This is a statement that I live by professionally and personally.

Yesterday's first half was abysmal. The stat I read was there was 15 long balls into Jig. Not good enough. We want football! We want two proper front men playing!! Football is played on the deck, not in the air.

In the second half the gaffer brought on Fraiser Aird who played an absolute blinder and Robbie Crawford scored with one of his first touches of the game.

There's absolutely no reason why we should not start with the same team playing the same tactical football against Motherwell.

We are the underdog in that game, make no mistake about it, so why not go for it from the off. Let the Scottish footballing public know what we are about, show them why we are Rangers, why we can still beat the big boys.

These are the games I have been dying for. I personally don't want any SPL team to fold, I want to come back and beat them as that is the best "V" sign we can give them IMO.

The problem is Ally will be scared of a humping on weds night, and it could very well happen as our defence is bad. But they say the best kind of defence is attack so why not take it to Motherwell. Kept the ball in their half?

My own opinion is Ally is going to set us up as a very defence minded team. He's lucky as he can say,"well they're an SPL team, we're third division, I have to take that into account"

I don't believe that and I don't believe in the crap about being a new team as I've said a few times on here. These guys train together 5-6 days a week for hours. They should know each other inside out by now.

The pressure is on Ally, but with the second half performance and the fact Motherwell are an SPL team he has relived some of the pressure off himself.

I really hope I'm wrong and that Ally goes for it on weds night as I believe the Rangers support will be right behind him if he sets up an attack minded Rangers, even if we loose he will have respect for having a go. He'll gain more respect than setting up a defence minded team and going out 1-0 that's for sure.

We CAN beat Motherwell, we have the players to do it.

Let's hope the Gaffer gives us a nit to remember with our first SPL scalp

I have been waiting with much intrigue for the bookies to release their odds for our match with Motherwell. Well are clearly the 2nd best team in the SPL, while we are rebuilding in div 3.

Ladbrokes have well as slight favourites (11/8) against our (6/4), but the other big 2 have us as favourites for the match.

Obviously we have home advantage but this gives an insight as to how the professional money men see the game.

I have been waiting with much intrigue for the bookies to release their odds for our match with Motherwell. Well are clearly the 2nd best team in the SPL, while we are rebuilding in div 3.

Ladbrokes have well as slight favourites (11/8) against our (6/4), but the other big 2 have us as favourites for the match.

Obviously we have home advantage but this gives an insight as to how the professional money men see the game.

Disagree, the money men dont have any real interest in who "should" win the game. Professional bookmakers are all about where the money is going to be placed.

Given our fanbase vs Well's and that there likely will be more money placed on Rangers than Well because of that (you get a LOT of sentimental gamblers) is where these odds will be coming from.

Doesnt necessarily have any bearing on what the pro's think will be the outcome.

The Board of Motherwell Football Club today (Monday) issued the following brief statement ahead of Wednesday’s match with Rangers.

“The Board, players, staff and fans at Motherwell FC are united behind making the club successful and a positive force for improvement in the Scottish game.

“This week we are excited to be playing a Scottish Communities League Cup fixture against Rangers as both clubs build for the future. All of our focus should be on the field of play and we look forward to what promises to being a great game.

“We are pleased to note both the CEO and Board of Rangers recently said they would welcome our staff and fans and we will extend the same courtesy to all clubs ourselves as we seek to create a welcoming family club.

“The past is done; we now can only influence the future. We are now totally focused on what happens on the field this week. More generally we want to put all our energies into building on the hard work we have done over the last few years to make our club a sustainable success.”

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2012/09/24/statement-from-the-board/

Young players ... a mixture is still required and keep in mind that the oldest chaps on the park against Montrose were McCulloch, Alexander and Cribari. Next up Black and Wallace, there rest was much younger. If you're good enough, you're old enough - they say. McKay and Aird are VERY young though, Macleod and Crawford close behind. They have a great chance to hone their skills in competitions against these low key teams. Still, this has to be done wisely and IMHO, nothing that McCoist has done with them suggest anything to the contrary. We sure will see quite a bit of our youngsters, but also retain a spine of the old guard to lead the way.