Murray Park???

Don't think anyone on here is suggesting that we rely on an entire team of kids, but what we can do is to grow and develop a hard core of youngsters and flesh the team out in those areas where experience is vital - central defence, say or goal. Come to think of it, that's exactly how we are constituted right now. Just imagine if we had De Boer, McGregor and maybe Cannigia in their respective slots with the McLeods and McKays in theirs, then how would that look?

For the return on the investment in it Auchenhowie has been a failure, I wonder if we will ever see a name change now that CG and murray appear to be working together.

that is down to managers and ceo's at the time and how they handled kids in the first team and selling these players on. advocaat didnt use kids in the main, eck just bought dud after dud, plg used it best and walter didnt like relying on kids whilst martin bain didnt know what he was doing most of the time with transfer negotiations. that world class training facility was no use to us when we didnt have the right people in place to make it work.

I'm just a fan and noticed there was little coverage of the youth teams on the official website so started the blog.

I go back a long time, before we hand an "official" youth team and threw a team together to play in the youth cup and saw them lose to Clydebank and Queen's Park at Ibrox. Before Murray Park opened I watched teams that included Alan McGregor, Bob Malcolm play at Maryhill Juniors ground on Sundays, then to the Science Park with the likes of Steven Hughes and Chris Burke and now to our current setup. Where I think we should be getting better value for money.

Sinky. Tommy Wilson, Kirky, Craig Mulholland, how much on wages per annum ?

but so far they have shown they have the talent/skill....

if the managers chooses to ignore them in favour of bought in talent... that's not the academy's fault.

It is a failure of the system that applies on youth players at RFC. A failure of culture at the club if you will. The whole system needs to be worked on imo

Plus, as someone pointed out above, we are having to make do with the players the English clubs - down to div 4 level, probably - don't snap up. Anyone waiting for Messi coming out of Murray Park is liable to be disappointed. Anyone looking for some decent players we can make money on, and hopefully, every five years or so, a special talent, might be happier.

Exactly right mate, that's what our youth system should be aiming at. Well put. Plus I don't think another Messi is going to come from anywhere soon, not just us who won't produce a player like him.

Elfideldo

Has Aird been showing good form in the reserves/youths? Ally said this in the Press Conference......

''We watched the reserves against East Fife & thought Fraser Aird was outstanding. He earned a place.''

Surely he gets reports after every game.

Guest ibroxted

Murray park has produced a lot of good players but I've always felt they could have been even better. There are many reasons for this, poor attitude in some cases(Fleck syndrome), mostly though its the standard of coaching ( over coaching to). A review of the whole coaching and scouting system is required. The real silver lining of our recent travails is opportunity, the opportunity to decide on how we want to play the game and the type of players we want to produce.