Team problems???

What do folk see as the main problems with the team so far this season???

After Saturdays game, I think it is fairly clear that there is an inability to break down a defense. when we were on the attack, the Binos packed men back into the box, therefore making it very difficult to get the ball through to the goal - not only did they park their team bus, but they nicked the keys for ours and parked that too...;) I lost count of the number of blocked shots there were.

We need to be able to draw the other team out of the box in order to create some space. Punting a high ball in just ain't gonna work when you have 3 guys surrounding out big players.

How we go about doing this, I'm not sure. However one of our best "worked" goals this season came from a nice short corner. The opposition dispersed somewhat, leaving Jig (I think) with enough room to put the ball in the net. We need more creativity like that.....simply putting the ball into the middle of the box ain't gonna work for us.

At the other end, we need to be careful with opposition set pieces. Again, they throw 7 or 8 bodies into the 6-yrd box crowd the keeper, then poke the ball over the line. From my recollection we have lost very few goals from open play. Again, I don't know how best to combat this tactic, but it's something that needs worked on.

Tempo - We should have the ability & the fitness to maintain a higher tempo than we are doing. This would allow us to control the game more (IMHO). However at times we appear to be letting the opposition dictate things for periods of the match. We are also giving them far too long on the ball and space to pass & move - something which we are not being allowed to do.

Some of my thoughts....whats everyone elses???

We don't use width very well despite the fact we have a couple of young guys who are clearly comfortable on the ball. We should be attempting to hit the byline and get the ball in from there because a low cross would likely cause plenty of teams problems.

I genuinely believe a few of our players are scared to run with the ball in case they get a bad tackle.

Although we are absolutely no threat from a corner/ freekick which is a disgrace.

I think Templeton will make a huge difference when he gets back. He's a player who will have foot to the ball and drive at opposition and create things.

If Hemmings can eventually get fit and a run then again I see him as a player who will be at his best with ball to feet.

As opening post says we should also be upping the tempo.

We struggle to pass and control the ball effectively at pace

I think in general our ball retention has been pretty good for 2/3 of the pitch. The players seem to move it around pretty decently until they get past the 1/2 way line, then its as if they panic. The are unable to create anything which troubles the opposition.

I think Templeton will make a huge difference when he gets back. He's a player who will have foot to the ball and drive at opposition and create things.

One player shouldn't be required to make a difference....

We need to build a TEAM, not just a group of players in the same strips.

For some reason I expected our folk to "shine" against Motherwell, probably our best game all season (well, at least the second half). Reasons? The opposition tried to play football. No disrespect to our 3rd division opponents here. All teams we have played away from home had the "beating" of us from the off, making it difficult for us to string passes together, use our more pacy people or dominate them in their half of the field. It is exactly what one had to expect and if we were in their position, we'd do exactly the same. It's essentially not much different than us playing Lyon, Barca or ManU in seasons gone by. Add to that the fact that we - right now - seem to lack the creative ability/players to unpluck these teams, be it from the start or later on. So either you hit them with quick attacks from the likes of McKay, Shiels and Little, or you keep their defenses occupied by Kyle and McCulloch. Preferrably both tactics. So far, this has not been applied in any satisfactory manner, and IMHO more due to the lack of effort put in by those on the park as opposed to tactical instructions by the manager. I for one would use different tactics home and away, as well as depending on the team we face. Away from home I'd expect the opposition to have a go at us from the start - adrenalin, cup-final, home ground ... we've heard it all before. Let them have it, soak it up and hit them when their are done with it. Sample selection for that:

Alexander

Argyriou - Perry - Cribaldi - Wallace

Black - Hutton

McKay - Shiels - Aird

McCulloch

There's enough pace in the defence to make it a dominant midfield if we win the ball, Hutton could ensure that Black has the freedom to move forward too. Once we have the beating of them, go 2 up front and keep them occupied in their own half. At home, I'd go 3-5-2 straight away.

What seems to be missing is cohesion in midfield. People appear to move too much about on occasion, so certain positions seems to be left unoccupied and thus rob us of opportunities to attack the opposition. Hence the rather numerous stray passes.

Edited by der Berliner

dreadful players attitudes.

clueless coaching team.

lack of time spent on training pitch.

players out of position.

favourites picked repeatedly.

persistance with the embarassing 1 man up front.

lack of support and service to that lonely 1 man up front.

lack of actual skill on the ball.

3 first team players who cannot speak english

the list could go on and on.

I wasn't at the game on saturday thankfully but today I saw the a clip of the assault on IanBlack & by my reckoning that's the third time in SFL3 this season a player should have had a straight red card for a supposed tackle on Ian Black. When will our manager come out publicly and say the referee & his assistants got it wrong ? if the referee missed it did one of his assistants not see this was a straight red? or did they not want to say so ? if not why?

players will become disillusioned without the support of their manager in these instances. Wise up Ally. Just about every manager in the country would have been slaughtering the referee if it happened to their team in these three incidents