Players Having Day Off Today?

I notice Kal Naismith saying he had the day off. . . . WHY?

There can't be that many Internationals in the squad.

It really is depressing what happens at Rangers.

Apart from the necessity for the squad to be working on their failings, why does a young player like Kal Naismith not go in and do extra.

If I had the chance these youngsters have, I would have been in every day.

They are off every Wednesday except when we have games.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, especially when we haven't done preseason.

Now I'm going to contradict myself and say that they do require a day off for their bodies to recover especially if they done any strength and conditioning training yesterday on top of a high intensity session.

They are off every Wednesday except when we have games.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, especially when we haven't done preseason.

Now I'm going to contradict myself and say that they do require a day off for their bodies to recover especially if they done any strength and conditioning training yesterday on top of a high intensity session.

strange you say that because top european club sides are known to train 7 days a week, morning and afternoon, it does them no harm nor their players.

it is no secret players have it easy at rangers, we have mollycoddled players for decades. given how this season has shaped up i am disgusted players are still only training a few hours a day and stunned its not even every day. like they dont get enough time off! complete revamp of club structure needed. its no co-incidence either that the manager is one who was very well known for hating training as a player and regularly turning up late.

strange you say that because top european club sides are known to train 7 days a week, morning and afternoon, it does them no harm nor their players.

Got any good links outlining player training routines at top clubs or any specific examples?

Not doubting you. I just have personal interest in this sort of stuff.

Got any good links outlining player training routines at top clubs or any specific examples?

Not doubting you. I just have personal interest in this sort of stuff.

yeah sure, i think it was this interview. a really good listen actually.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/richard-keys-and-andy-gray/120822/john-collins-celtic-everton-fulham-and-his-football-career-179239

guys like billy davies and jim duffy have also spoke in the past about visiting clubs abroad to learn new training techniques and both admitted it was worlds apart from what went on in the uk.

it is no coincidence europeans are better footballers than those born and bred in the uk. ballwork is key. the reason we had so many good footballers in the olden days was because these lads grew up doing nothing but kicking a ball about streets all their days. time on the ball is all any player needs to improve his game. at rangers especially, our scouts and coaches are always looking for the biggest, the strongest and the fittest players as kids, not the best players.

Edited by kuznetsov