What would Scottish independence mean for life in the UK?

I think a lot of people miss this point...... If they vote "yes" and it's a total disaster, there's not a. Ting we can do about it, we won't be able to go cap in hand beefing to get back in the union

Guest WATP-FOREVER

Exactly mate - and if there's 215 countries in this world - what would the vast majority of those countries give, to be part of Britain. Only those with an IQ above 80 should be allowed to vote, then there would be a guaranteed 100% fuck the snp.

Do we Scots do well out of the Union, does the Union benefit us?

Scots, and particularly us west coasters, are amongst the poorest folk on the British Isles, and amongst the unhealthiest in the Western World.

The Paddys, even through a bail out are still richer than us, have a better GDP and have been recession free for a good while now. A look at Norway shows us what could have been had we had independence in the 70's and we benefitted from our Oil money directly instead of funding a nuclear arsenal. Norway has amongst the richest people in the world.

I'm totally undecided, the UK is one of the worlds top nations but to me, it's totally lob sided in SE England's favour. I don't like being anti anything so some of the Nat MSP's anti English leanings don't sit well with me.

At least there would be elections IF independence is voted for.

Here's a question......

Is your life really that bad that you want to start a new life? I think a SNP yes will mean you have to start again.

There's so many unanswered questions.

How will tax work?

What will it mean for foreign businesses, how will their tax work

Wil you be able to go on holiday with no restrictions because of the new countries passport?

What will the currency be?

What will be done with the oil as the rest of the UK is not going to let that go quickly

I've lived out with Scotland for most of my life to be fair, and will never ever go back (as it stands) but an SNP win might fore me back to that awful bitter wee country because I won't be able to get work permits and visas in the countries I live and work in all because a lot of people in Scotland have a chip on their shoulder, and lets be honest. A "yes" vote is just that, because you hate the English

I'd sa

Bear, for someone who doesn't live here and has no desire to come back to our bitter wee country, you sure have a poor opinion of us back here.

Your argument is: "Scotland is shit and the people are bitter, best stay in the UK to continue the shitness and bitterness."

As for all your questions, I don't see any problem with any of them. EU membership might be a problem, but I'd rather we weren't part of the EU.

Bear, for someone who doesn't live here and has no desire to come back to our bitter wee country, you sure have a poor opinion of us back here.

Your argument is: "Scotland is shit and the people are bitter, best stay in the UK to continue the shitness and bitterness."

As for all your questions, I don't see any problem with any of them. EU membership might be a problem, but I'd rather we weren't part of the EU.

You don't see?

Explain that in detail, give me proof that our passport will still giveus the freedom of travel we have now and the same process of obtaining a visa/work permit/residence

It's common sense. We live in Western Europe, land of the human right.

And when Czecholslovakia split in 2, I don't recall of hundreds of thousands of Czech and Slovaks stranded abroad as common sense vacated the Earth.

You seem to be under the impression that in 2014, if the Scots voted yes to independence, that instantly, Scotland becomes a nation state and throws the world into chaos akin to some sort of modern day millennium bug.

Everyone needs to calm the hysteria and let's discuss the facts.

It's common sense. We live in Western Europe, land of the human right.

And when Czecholslovakia split in 2, I don't recall of hundreds of thousands of Czech and Slovaks stranded abroad as common sense vacated the Earth.

You seem to be under the impression that in 2014, if the Scots voted yes to independence, that instantly, Scotland becomes a nation state and throws the world into chaos akin to some sort of modern day millennium bug.

Everyone needs to calm the hysteria and let's discuss the facts.

"Common sense"

I laughed.

Have you ever worked or lived abroad?

Ill tell you something, there's a huge difference from going on holiday for a few weeks to living and working abroad.

I'm currently going through a process to get civil ID for Kuwait. It's taken 6 months so far and should be done by end of dec. that's as a British national

Tell me exactly how Kuwait will react to "common sense" when a new country is formed and my passport changes......

Ill get to Thailand in a bit which is a nightmare as it stands now.......

I don't know what you're trying to say. It's a nightmare now as a UK citizen to get your permits, but under an Independent Scotland, it would be worse?

Quick answer then is that you choose to stay as you were as a British subject.

Regardless, it's a pretty flimsy argument to keep the status quo, so someone who dislikes Scotland and the Scottish people can get his work permit.

I don't know what you're trying to say. It's a nightmare now as a UK citizen to get your permits, but under an Independent Scotland, it would be worse?

Quick answer then is that you choose to stay as you were as a British subject.

Regardless, it's a pretty flimsy argument to keep the status quo, so someone who dislikes Scotland and the Scottish people can get his work permit.

I'm way over your head....never mind :)