Charles Green meeting yesterday

no one knew cribari, everyone hated black, not many rated sandaza but i give you shiels, even i was impressed with that one. :) the other two, faure and argyriou look extremely poor. i do not believe for one second ally scouted them, chased them or went after them.

all signings have been debatable and as you rightly point out, none have settled well on the pitch at least. our signing policy since ally took over has been shambolic to say the least, from day one.

the d word and the g h term i believe certainly play their part more than anything else.

Scottish fitba punters may not have known of Cribari but there's no doubt he has a solid reputation elsewhere and his career has been a decent one.

We all hated Black but most of us would still have acknowledged he was a decent player also - even during his time with Caley. As for Sandaza I can remember bears wanting to sign him previously so he was (and can still be) a good player for our current predicament. I think Faure and Argy have shown glimpses of being useful and will improve over time.

Generally speaking I didn't hear fans complain about the signings standard at the time so, while we'll always be reactive rather than proactive on that front, I think it's inaccurate to say many fans would not have been persuaded to buy a season book on the basis of the club maintaining a reasonable wage budget.

Just out of interest, who would you have realistically enlisted for the transfer embargo period? It is one thing to bash people for not performing up to your standards and demanding better. It is another to actually get players playing in Scotland and a 4th tier team - no matter the name. And given what these old hands and our best youngsters have suffered during the start of the season, please do not come up with fielding more youngsters ...

signing players who speak english should have been a minimum requirement. players who have played in the lower leagues another. players with resale values another requirement given our present and future business model. there is 3 basic requirements which next to none of allys signings satisfy. we are throwing away thousands per week on guys like sandaza, black, cribari, kyle faure and argyriou when we could have went out, done our homework, done our jobs right and been more clever. we took the easy route. the costliest route. the rangers route sadly.

the only thing our players have suffered is embarassment and shame with allys useless tactics.

You have peddled that ' defiance ' quite a lot which is a pretty poor show really,so a lot of fans decide to buy a season ticket to help the club and that is seen as defiance?,nonsense,I never renewed out of defiance and I don't know anyone who did. Yes a cheaper season ticket will enable a lot of people to afford a season ticket who maybe couldn't before,defiance?,nonsense. You on the other hand refuse to buy a season ticket until the standard on the pitch meets your high standards,back playing at the top of Scottish football,playing in Europe etc:,maybe it is you who is showing defiance but don't be so disrespectfull to fans who have bought/renewed season tickets.

but i am not the only one who speaks of defiance, just today frankie above has also highlighted it. to suggest it isnt a factor is riduculous. the defiance sttitude of the rangers fans has been extreme this season given how we were treated in the summer. i refuse to buy a season book until we get a manager i can believe in and who i trust can manage rangers the way it should be managed.

the bold bit you posted is a guess rant, spitting the dummy almost and utter garbage. i have told you what i will buy into.

i could easily have hunted the glory this season watching us win at home every second week against joiners and bank clerks but i chose not to.

Edited by kuznetsov

I don't think having a season book again this season is glory-hunting but more about maintaining our financial support for the club we love.

Doesn't make season book holders any more of a fan than anyone else but the suggestion people bought them because they thought we'd win easily isn't correct IMO.

Defiance is a factor, no doubt about it IMO, but given we've had around 37000 season ticket holders for the last 20 odd years, it's not as big a factor as some in the media want to make out. Loyalty, commitment and passion are bigger. :)

Scottish fitba punters may not have known of Cribari but there's no doubt he has a solid reputation elsewhere and his career has been a decent one.

We all hated Black but most of us would still have acknowledged he was a decent player also - even during his time with Caley. As for Sandaza I can remember bears wanting to sign him previously so he was (and can still be) a good player for our current predicament. I think Faure and Argy have shown glimpses of being useful and will improve over time.

Generally speaking I didn't hear fans complain about the signings standard at the time so, while we'll always be reactive rather than proactive on that front, I think it's inaccurate to say many fans would not have been persuaded to buy a season book on the basis of the club maintaining a reasonable wage budget.

he is a journeyman frankie. 5 different clubs in the last 2 to 3 years and has been sent out on loan twice in his mid to late 20's too. he has won 1 minor trophy in a career stretching 16 years. not really the stats of a player with a solid reputation. please dont mistake this as a personal attack on the player, it isnt, its more to do with my anger at our transfer policy.

i know of black personally through family so its easy for me to say we should never have touched him. that is all i will say. sandaza i have been very disappointed with. what annoys me with this one is 5 grand a week when we could have went to airdrie and livingston and got two of scotlands hottest prospects for pennies and on a pittance compared to sandaza, both of whom, speak english(not that fran cant but its not great), are young, are hungry, are pacey, score goals and have potentially huge sell on values, that for me, would have been very exciting but we went the other way, the wrong way.

nothing anyone says about faure or argyriou will convince me about them. two very average footballers. again, they may not even speak english yet we could have looked within our leagues and been more clever. you are not telling me ally tracked them or scouted them over any period of time frankie?

a high wage budget would never sway me to buy a book, it should always be about quality not quantity, isnt that what walter and ally used to mock the tims about indirectly?