Bill McMurdo, marching to the beat of a different drum ?

Bill McMurdo writes.

Youâ??ve got to hand it to David Murray.

He knows a cash cow when he sees one.

And there are few better at milking it.

Murray is set to receive another payday from Rangers supporters when the Charles Green consortium purchase Edmiston House from him.

With money invested from loyal bluenoses.

I would say gullible bluenoses but itâ??s up to people what they do with their money.

Anyway, Minty will coin in again on the old Rangers social club.

The spin on it is that Murray has graciously agreed to sell Edmiston House to the club.

The reality is that there are no other buyers and Murray will bite Rangers hand off to offload the building.

But it looks as if Edmiston House isnâ??t the only nice little earner the â??Knight of the Realmâ? will be making thanks to the open wallets of Rangers supporters.

Apparently, Charles Green recently told a gathering in the Members Club at Ibrox that Rangers intend to buy the Albion Car Park ground for £1.3 million. The club currently lease the land for £300,000 annually.

Guess who will benefit from this wee deal?

Now earlier this year Malcolm Murray â?? remember him? â?? stated that the Green regime bought the assets of RFC, including the Albion.

Now, although Rangers can list leasehold property on their balance sheet, it is not owned outright by the club. So the Rangers chairman was covering up the reality that Rangers do not own the Albion outright.

It looks like the Albion is very possibly still the property of Minty or his family, even although Green mentioned buying it from Lloyds TSB.

That is up to the club to clarify.

However, several things should be ringing alarm bells in the minds of Rangers supporters and inspiring them to ask very probing questions of the regime presently at Ibrox.

Firstly, who does actually own the Albion car park ground and why has the Green consortium always inferred it does?

Secondly, how much of the proposed G51 development involves land or property owned by former owner David Murray?

Thirdly, how much money in total will be used from the share issue to pay David Murray for things like Edmiston House and the Albion?

These are vital matters I am sure every Rangers fan would want to know and certainly deserve to know.

If Charles Green and his backers really want to destroy the niggling doubts many fans still have they must be much more transparent and make things abundantly clear they have no connection to the David Murray regime.

Raising money five months into their tenure to give Murray some ker-ching moments is not the best way to go about this.

I am sure Rangers fans will balk at the prospect of doing what they have done for decades now â?? stump up their hard-earned to prop up and maintain Mintyâ??s empire which is built on greed, debt and the milking of cash cows like Rangers Football Club.

As I have been saying for quite some time now, David Murray is the man responsible for Rangersâ?? woes in recent times.

How galling that the fans he left twisting in the wind are once more shelling out to give him another payday.

However Charles Green spins itâ?¦

Bill is a regular contributor to the CRO. He can be found on Twitter at @WilliamMcMurdo and via email:bmcmurdo@thecoplandroad.org

Charles Green spins ?

Say it ain't so Bill, please say it ain't so!.....:ninja:

That's the sound of a different drum that many have closed their ears to, you would have thought first murray and then whyte would have sharpened their ears.

I fail to see why Rangers have to clarify something just because McMurdo hasn't done his homework properly.

The cash from buying out the leasehold on the Albion will not be going to Murray.

Murray owns the Edmiston. He paid for it. We have the option of buying it or not buying it. Most seem to think it's a good idea to buy it from him. What's the big deal?

What are we supposed to do? Our hands are tied so if we want those locations we need to buy them. Unless I'm reading this wrong?

Correct. It's just an innuendo filled article to give an excuse to those who want to have a dig at Green.

The big deal as far as I'm concerned is that Green has been economical with the truth and has been guilty of saying what people want to hear.

We've had the big talk before from Murray, we don't need or want another rent-a-quote CEO/Chairmen to lead us up the garden path.

The big deal as far as I'm concerned is that Green has been economical with the truth and has been guilty of saying what people want to hear.

We've had the big talk before from Murray, we don't need or want another rent-a-quote CEO/Chairmen to lead us up the garden path.

In what way has he been economical with the truth in respect of this article?