Top 28 Rangers heroes/legends

I was trying to avoid the current trend of just looking at recent names when compilling lists. For example people won't probably put Ronnie McKinnon or Willie Mathieson over Gazza but these guys played over 300 games for Rangers and were instrumental in many league and cup wins. Gazza only played 77 games for Rangers

I see where you are coming from and tend to agree with that. People do dismiss others simply for "The Now" and by what they have witnessed.

Gazza was a stand out though, a genius who made an impact and has to make the final list.

There is a lot of unsung hero's and a lot of names do fit into that catergory rather than legend status. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if Craig Moore (example) is a legend in someones mind then so be it.

You get players like Michael Mols who are idolised yet only really played for half a season at his peak. Would he make a legend?

Edited by Gribz

I see where you are coming from and tend to agree with that. People do dismiss others simply for "The Now" and by what they have witnessed.

Gazza was a stand out though, a genius who made an impact and has to make the final list.

There is a lot of unsung hero's and a lot of names do fit into that catergory rather than legend status. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if Craig Moore (example) is a legend in someones mind then so be it.

You get players like Michael Mols who are idolised yet only really played for half a season at his peak. Would he make a legend?

Good comments mate. I think I'm going to stick to career longevity and contribution. The word legend is so overused IMO. People bestow it far too easily on players that doesn't deserve it. Take Nacho Novo for example. A good player with a big heart who (IMO) gets more credence because of his ability to wind THEM up. That doesn't make him a legend

Colin Stein and Tom Forsyth are certs for me. Also possibly Dave Smith. Was McCloy such an idol?

Stein is tricky. He only played 112 games for the Gers. I thought big DJ got the nod over him on amount of goals and longevity

McCloy played over 350 games for Rangers and was our keeper when we won the ECWC in 72

Harsh mate. He might not be my favourite but he played about 300 times for Rangers and won 5 league titles' date=' 5 Scottish Cups and 5 League Cups[/quote']

I hate him tbh. What he did with PLG was disgraceful and not what a Rangers captain should do.

One a diff angle, I actually dislike these type of questions because I change my mind every time I look at the thread.

It's the same as when you are asked to name your all time Rangers 11, it gives me sleepless nights :D

I hate him tbh. What he did with PLG was disgraceful and not what a Rangers captain should do.

One a diff angle, I actually dislike these type of questions because I change my mind every time I look at the thread.

It's the same as when you are asked to name your all time Rangers 11, it gives me sleepless nights :D

Fair doos mate