oh god i hope not. a cheap rubbish brand with no avenue to expand our brand worldwide. the same limitations we have with umbro we will have with puma. absolutely gutted and quite angry if you are right. :( it better not be!

I hope I'm wrong then. This was from two months ago so it could have changed.

The Puma rumours have been pushed because they have a huge tie-in with Sports Direct who we also have a tie-in with, so its a logical move to team up in this way.

However I am also in the adidas camp for greater worldwide brand development/awareness/availability.

Time will tell I suppose.

oh god i hope not. a cheap rubbish brand with no avenue to expand our brand worldwide. the same limitations we have with umbro we will have with puma. absolutely gutted and quite angry if you are right. :( it better not be!

I know we've done this before and we've established you're a brand hoare incapable of original thought (I'm kidding, relax) but seriously how can you describe Puma as a 'cheap rubbish brand' and your piece de resistance is 'no avenue to expand our brand worldwide'? Eh?

I know we've done this before and we've established you're a brand hoare incapable of original thought (I'm kidding, relax) but seriously how can you describe Puma as a 'cheap rubbish brand' and your piece de resistance is 'no avenue to expand our brand worldwide'? Eh?

its a fact mate. puma is a budget option in sports terms compared to the best brands. nothing touches nike or adidas. they are so far in front of everything else it is scary. we wont be expanding our brand, our business with puma or selling strips in shops around the world like celtic do. no one wants puma strips and shops cant sell them, everyone wants adidas or nike.

Edited by kuznetsov

Adidas and Nike are the main brands but Puma are also very good.

At the end of the day we need to hope for a combination of bringing in suitable funds as well as an improved network of availability. If that means Puma via Sports Direct then so be it.

its a fact mate. puma is a budget option in sports terms compared to the best brands. nothing touches nike or adidas. they are so far in front of everything else it is scary. we wont be expanding our brand, our business with puma or selling strips in shops around the world like celtic do. no one wants puma strips and shops cant sell them, everyone wants adidas or nike.

Is that based on anything other that your personal preferences?

Nike strips are horrible, this has been established on here before, there is probably a UN resolution on it now.

Seriously though Puma are a billion dollar, multi-national company, they are huge, they know what they are doing. They are owned by the same people who own Gucci, they understand premium branding and retail.

Anyway, all football strips should be made by Umbro, that's a law of nature.