Would folk rather be just another team within a massive brand, or possibly go with something like Puma who MAY want to actively promote the brand more???

some fans are just not happy at anything it seems, they just like to moan from past top scorers calling them shite and now it's shirt brands they know as a fact they won't sell well before it happens. i wish i was young and angry at the world again when everything I said was right but those days have passed me by and my 7 year old has taken over :hippy:

Would folk rather be just another team within a massive brand, or possibly go with something like Puma who MAY want to actively promote the brand more???

puma can promote themselves all they like but if folk dont want it and shops dont want to stock it, then its pointless.

Is that based on anything other that your personal preferences?

Nike strips are horrible, this has been established on here before, there is probably a UN resolution on it now.

Seriously though Puma are a billion dollar, multi-national company, they are huge, they know what they are doing. They are owned by the same people who own Gucci, they understand premium branding and retail.

Anyway, all football strips should be made by Umbro, that's a law of nature.

its based on me living abroad and playing football abroad, in more than one country too. i have seen what brands are successful in sports and which are not. adidas and nike sell, puma doesnt. any deal with puma will see celtic continue to dominate us in the merchandising and branding dept.

i didnt say i want to go nike just that they were better for worldwide exposue than your macrons, pumas and umbros.

i knwo what puma are.

rangers with umbro in the 21st century is embarrassing. umbo is a joke brand.

puma can promote themselves all they like but if folk dont want it and shops dont want to stock it, then its pointless.

If somebody wants to buy a Rangers Jersey they will do so regardless of the brand ...weans don't give a shit what brand name is on the Jersey.

"no dad I don't want the new Rangers strip because its made by puma" :facepalm:

Adidas would be my first choice but if we go with Puma I will be happy .... and will still need to fork out

If somebody wants to buy a Rangers Jersey they will do so regardless of the brand ...weans don't give a shit what brand name is on the Jersey.

"no dad I don't want the new Rangers strip because its made by puma" :facepalm:

Adidas would be my first choice but if we go with Puma I will be happy .... and will still need to fork out

of course kids care what brand something is. kids have never been more brand aware than they have been the last 20/25 years! a rangers strip may be different to kids in glasgow, even scotland, but to the wider world i believe it is different. football fans love the top two football brands, adidas and nike, that is what sells. we dont want to just sell strips to rangers fans, we want football fans to buy our kit because they like it and want a nice kit and being an adidas strip is more likely to sell to non rangers fans than a puma or umbro one. shops around the world are also much more likely to stock adidas kit too than puma. that is a fact.

adidas is a statement of intent in a way puma will never be.

of course kids care what brand something is. kids have never been more brand aware than they have been the last 20/25 years! a rangers strip may be different to kids in glasgow, even scotland, but to the wider world i believe it is different. football fans love the top two football brands, adidas and nike, that is what sells. we dont want to just sell strips to rangers fans, we want football fans to buy our kit because they like it and want a nice kit and being an adidas strip is more likely to sell to non rangers fans than a puma or umbro one. shops around the world are also much more likely to stock adidas kit too than puma. that is a fact.

I don't believe that football fans abroad will buy a strip purely coz of the manufacturer - they will buy it (& associated stuff) if it looks good & is well promoted. There will be the loyal fans who will buy regardless of brand, but any sales outwith that will be because of how it looks, price and merchandising.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that Rangers supporting kids, or Rangers supporters of any age, would refuse to buy the jersey just because it is Puma ? I find that incredibly hard to believe.

Football tops, for the vast majority, are something they buy for the team they support, not other teams just because of who makes the jersey. I have been buying jerseys and kits since I was about 8 and I have only ever ONCE bought a top that wasnt a team I supported... I bought a French top (no, not because it was Adidas) because they were playing in England's World Cup group way back, in order to take the rile English friends.

I suspect the vast majority buy for the same reasons.

Do you see more people wear Celtic tops abroad ? Yes, definitely. Is it because of who makes the jersey ? Not IMO. It is more to do with them doing a far better job internally of globally promoting their brand.

I can almost guarantee that you would still see more Celtic tops abroad than Rangers tops if Celtic were with Puma... it isnt the manufacturer that is the difference, it is more likely the club's global branding efforts - and we know ours have been terrible for a long time now.

I would also suggest that many of the tops you see abroad are cheap replicas anyway.

Celtic's recent released results showed pretty poor merchandising sales and profits I thought.

Either way though.... ADIDAS for me :D - but I wont get too hot under the collar about it in the event it is Puma if the money is right. It is one of those things where the club should be doing cost/benefit analysis collectively using merchandise sales PLUS sponsorship income from the manufacturer. When combined, whichever gives you the highest revenue... go with that one - because you can always change manufacturers at the end of a 3 yr deal anyway.

I also cant buy into the "Adidas is a statement of intent" - only Tims after their Nike deal were convinced of that. I dont think it is a statement of intent, just cant get all fussed about what is not a big deal.

I don't believe that football fans abroad will buy a strip purely coz of the manufacturer - they will buy it (& associated stuff) if it looks good & is well promoted. There will be the loyal fans who will buy regardless of brand, but any sales outwith that will be because of how it looks, price and merchandising.

i do. i have several adidas kits for my 5-a-sides from teams from all over.

puma kits are not nice, the price is always the same for new kits give or take a few quid and merchandising with puma is limited compared to what we could do with adidas.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that Rangers supporting kids, or Rangers supporters of any age, would refuse to buy the jersey just because it is Puma ? I find that incredibly hard to believe.

Football tops, for the vast majority, are something they buy for the team they support, not other teams just because of who makes the jersey. I have been buying jerseys and kits since I was about 8 and I have only ever ONCE bought a top that wasnt a team I supported... I bought a French top (no, not because it was Adidas) because they were playing in England's World Cup group way back, in order to take the rile English friends.

I suspect the vast majority buy for the same reasons.

Do you see more people wear Celtic tops abroad ? Yes, definitely. Is it because of who makes the jersey ? Not IMO. It is more to do with them doing a far better job internally of globally promoting their brand.

I can almost guarantee that you would still see more Celtic tops abroad than Rangers tops if Celtic were with Puma... it isnt the manufacturer that is the difference, it is more likely the club's global branding efforts - and we know ours have been terrible for a long time now.

I would also suggest that many of the tops you see abroad are cheap replicas anyway.

Celtic's recent released results showed pretty poor merchandising sales and profits I thought.

Either way though.... ADIDAS for me :D - but I wont get too hot under the collar about it in the event it is Puma if the money is right. It is one of those things where the club should be doing cost/benefit analysis collectively using merchandise sales PLUS sponsorship income from the manufacturer. When combined, whichever gives you the highest revenue... go with that one - because you can always change manufacturers at the end of a 3 yr deal anyway.

I also cant buy into the "Adidas is a statement of intent" - only Tims after their Nike deal were convinced of that. I dont think it is a statement of intent, just cant get all fussed about what is not a big deal.

no.

again, i do. ah the old anti english wee guy syndrome.

i believe they have more fans world wide. they also show ambition in a way we could only dream of. we call them deluded, they say they belong with the top dogs. they went with nike when they knew the limitations a brand like umbro brings to a club with ambition. they had to get out of it and go with a real deal brand and nike were that brand. they are a match made in heaven in very much the same way i believe adidas and us are.

not in official sports stores, sorry, that dont wash. its not looky lookies selling them.

and after all that you want adidas. my oh my. if the club did do what you say they should, it would be adidas 10 times out of 10. adidas are the football brand.