Dundee Utd v Rangers (Scottish Cup)

I doubt Green will take the SFA to court on this matter as I doubt if the courts can change a SFA decision. I was one of the ones that voted against Green not taking our ticket allocation as i think this has been very badly thought out. Green would have been far better accepting the allocation and then blame the fans for not buying them. Now the SFA will give DU the full pot and they will probably make more money than they would have done. Rangers will probably be granted an expenses packet for the team turning up. Green could have handed the tickets back(If possible) and then he could have claimed the half of the gate.

Problem is though Pete you will get some of us there, the Uber must go. So the DU argument falls on its face really quick.

Now the SFA will give DU the full pot and they will probably make more money than they would have done. Rangers will probably be granted an expenses packet for the team turning up. Green could have handed the tickets back(If possible) and then he could have claimed the half of the gate.

There is nothing in the rules that allows this.

And if they try it they set a dangerous precedent whereby clubs only get their share for selling their allocation. Something many small teams (in fact most teams outwith Rangers) can't do.

Probably the 2nd biggest grudge game we could have got.

Absolutely mate. I see the story and motivation behind a boycott, the question we have to ask ourselfs is whether or not this will help Super and the lads on the park. After all this is about winning a football match. I'm not sure if Dundee and the rest of the SFL give a shite about Bears showing up or not, but the team surely will!

But to get this right, I think it's an extremely bold move by CG and the rest of the club (including fans) to approve this boycott. And I really fully advocate anything that tells the SFL where they can stick their constant bashing and shows a no bullshit attitude by Rangers. Maybe this is just a necessary stand we need to take now, even if the on- pitch performance is at risk of suffering a bit in the short term.

Edited by DUDE

Absolutely mate. I see the story and motivation behind a boycott, the question we have to ask ourselfs is whether or not this will help Super and the lads on the park. After all this is about winning a football match. I'm not sure if Dundee and the rest of the SFL give a shite about Bears showing up or not, but the team surely will!

Winning the leagues are more important in the next few years. I want to win this game obviously (and we might anything is possible) but I can't see it with the squads we both have just now and a statement has to be made against the SPL and the clubs who tried to destroy us not so long ago, yet they want us to forget that right away and move on to help Scottish football just like that, the same Scottish football they virtually helped ruin when they voted us out. I don't understand why fans would still want to go under these circumstances, this is more than about a winning a football game.

BTW, should there be a replay, we should boycott this too and instead pump money into the club by watching it on RTV. No split there, I would assume.

We would do well to have people at Tannadice still, people who record the vitriol and anti-social behaviour by the attending tangerine, red, and green-grey hordes.

BTW, should there be a replay, we should boycott this too and instead pump money into the club by watching it on RTV. No split there, I would assume

I would think so. As this is the channel owned and provided by the club with their cameras and host and everything the money should stay with Rangers.

Winning the leagues are more important in the next few years. I want to win this game obviously (and we might anything is possible) but I can't see it with the squads we both have just now and a statement has to be made against the SPL and the clubs who tried to destroy us not so long ago, yet they want us to forget that right away and move on to help Scottish football just like that, the same Scottish football they virtually helped ruin when they voted us out. I don't understand why fans would still want to go under these circumstances, this is more than about a winning a football game.

I agree. That's what I meant by saying I support anything that shows the SFL what we think of them. This still feels just a little like giving the game away as I assume we CAN win every game. Anyway, doing so out of the higher motive to show our stance might be neessary so I'm with you. And of course this is not about money.