Where do We Draw the Line & When Does it Come to an End?

Well I can only speak for myself here....but it's not about money, it's not about the Cup and it's not a one off.

I'm afraid it's the opening salvo in our fight against the clubs and officials that did us harm. It's the first opportunity to show our stance against the chaos that has been created by them.

It's an example of what an away game will be like if they try and shoehorn us into some rejigged SPL.

I'd hope that's the case mate.

It's hard to see a way forward for Scottish Football at all but two things will have to happen before I'll feel any less aggrieved at the treatment we've received:

1) The removal of Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan from their positions of power in the game.

2) Rangers and it's fans are treated with the respect a club of our standing deserves by the rest of Scottish Football.

I won't hold my breath.

I'd settle for number 1 for the time being because it's at least easily achievable and that pair of idiots shouldn't even still be in their positions. Doncaster and Regan's positions have both been untenable for months now and yet here they are leading the talks for reconstruction of the Scottish leagues. It's a disgrace.

Well I can only speak for myself here....but it's not about money, it's not about the Cup and it's not a one off.

I'm afraid it's the opening salvo in our fight against the clubs and officials that did us harm. It's the first opportunity to show our stance against the chaos that has been created by them.

It's an example of what an away game will be like if they try and shoehorn us into some rejigged SPL.

I think we're going to have to bite the bullet and be realistic about your last point on the rejigged SPL. As much as most of us would like to see the SPL fall apart and forced back into the SFL body there's next to no chance of it happening in the near future and we're going to have to rejoin the SPL (in whatever form it is/takes) at some point. We might not want to be fast-tracked back into the top flight, but we won't have a choice in the matter if the reconstruction involves changing from 4 Scottish leagues to a 3 league setup which is highly likely. With 42 teams we should only have 2 or 3 leagues anyway, so it's inevitable.

For me it would have been a one season boycott in the Scottish cup and a full season / round of matches against the SPL clubs who voted us out when we eventually have to play them.

Make no mistake our boycott to Tannadice should be about as much a boycott of the SFA as it is to Dundee Utd. But not showing up full stop would have hit the SFA in the pocket with sponsors.

The message has to be clear, we wont be kicked by anyone.

What happens to the rest of the SPL is non of our concern and just let them be until we are back there. By then who knows what mess they are in but they dug their own mess.

Right...if this boycott thing had been set in stone from the start of the season then I would have been totally behind it.

What bugged me was as soon as the draw came out everyone jumped on a bandwagon and said we won't be going...I just felt the timing was a bit off and didn't have the impact it could have had.

If the club had announced beforehand that they wouldn't be accepting tickets in the event of an away draw against any of the clubs who kicked us out, as a reminder of what is to come, then at least we'd have made a stand and sent out a clear message to them.

Every club in the land would have been actively watching the draw to see who WE got and then we could have dealt the 'We told you so GIRUY' card.

I just think the way it panned out was a knee jerk reaction and that riles me still.

At the end of the day what's done is done and I suppose we get to say GIRUY. :smile:

....another thing.

Now that we've taken this stance, how do we answer what Zappa has asked 'Where do we draw the line'?

Obviously if each and everyone of those clubs comes out and says 'sorry' then that's where the line is drawn.

I'm an auld c*nt and I know for sure they won't say sorry, so where do we draw the line?

I don't think we know, as yet, where the line should be drawn. And that is because what we have is a moving target. I would love it if someone at the SFA/SPL came and made a fair proposal as to how we can put all this behind us. But while they are still intent on punishing us, while they continue to try and screw us over financially, while the SPL chairmen exude hate and spitefulness, I don't see how we can draw a line.

That does not mean we adopt a scatter gun approach. I think we need to choose our targets wisely. Dundee United is one such target and more than merits anything we can throw at them. Aberdeen and Hibs should also be targets. But the wider picture is that the SFA/SPL need to understand that we are not going to take it anymore and they need to take action to defuse the situation. I think it is going to end up being a battle of wills. We need to be willing to go all the way and take this confrontation to a conclusion. Because, if we don't, you just know we will get shafted yet again.