Traynor obviously knows a lot about what went on over the last 9 months, both in the media and hopefully at the SPL/SFA. This should leave a lot of people with blood on their hands, but the big question is how will Traynor/Rangers use this information.

A head of media, and a PR official, needs to get on with the media and needs to carry weight. If Traynor comes out all guns blazing it could create a bit of a war. What I think is more likely is that we use Traynors info behind the scenes, to put pressure on the SPL/SFA. To basically say 'hey, we know you done this, this and this, and that you knew this, this and this and chose to ignore it, and if you don't play ball with us this is going public'.

Either way, it'll be interesting.

I reckon that JT is not out to upset too many apple carts. I can't see him coming out with many 'sensational' exclusives. Although I believe he has been possibly the only light in a dark tunnel for us in recent times (for which I was gratefeul to him, don't get me wrong) I reckon it has been partially self serving. He made an enemy in Liewell and he was the only one that stood up and literally called him liar. And not ONE other hack had the balls to support him despite concrete evidence (they're not really known for their nobility or integrity which is ironic). Liewell has bidied his time, but all the while, in his vengeful way, moved in on Traynor to get his revenge...hence 'Liewell to take over Record talk\rumour(?)'.

JT was done for once this started going round (who knows Liewell may even have started it. Has it been confirmed?). Where is the safest place in town as a hack once Liewell comes after you and your peers dive for cover in fear? Herald? Sun? Scotsman? Dandy? East Kilbride News?

Rangers are the only show in town that will quite happily put the fighting gloves on and come out jabbing that Rhebel whore. The only safe haven where he can't get to you. JT won't be with us for that long I don't think, but long enough for him to think Liewell is not a threat. The mystery for me is who contacted who first?

Guest Blue Pimpernel

Traynor is a fabulous acquisition, potentially massive, forget his prior transgressions, he will provide watertight PR and will, no doubt, relish the massive challenge which he faces. At 59, I imagine his main role is steadying the ship and establishing firm foundations with a (hopefully) well earned retiral on a flourish. Doubt not that he is a serious heavyweight and bruiser of his trade, nonpareil.

CG has intimated he will be here for the next 5 years and the goal is the ultimate reinstatement of RFC to the world stage>

MORE POWER!!!!

Traynor is a fabulous acquisition, potentially massive, forget his prior transgressions, he will provide watertight PR and will, no doubt, relish the massive challenge which he faces. At 59, I imagine his main role is steadying the ship and establishing firm foundations with a (hopefully) well earned retiral on a flourish. Doubt not that he is a serious heavyweight and bruiser of his trade, nonpareil.

CG has intimated he will be here for the next 5 years and the goal is the ultimate reinstatement of RFC to the world stage>

MORE POWER!!!!

I admire your positivity, although I don't share it.

I have to agree, Anchorman. It is over-optimistic to expect watertight PR from a blustering bully like J.T. whose credibility mostly depends on people believing his own evaluation of himself. Some people do indeed believe it, most do not. This is one of the worst signings for the club in recent years, and that's saying something.