Will we beat Gretna's Record?

Gretna finished the 2004-2005 season with

P Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts

1 Gretna 36 32 2 2 130 29 101 98

We currently sit at

1 Rangers 13 9 3 1 35 11 24 30

If my sums are correct this means we have to win every game.

Thoughts?

Edited by Frankie

In a word, no!

Wel... almost certainly not.

Every game we take the field in Div3 I expect a victory. But is it realisitic to expect what has been so far an extremly inconsitant team to win 23 games on the bounce?

I won't be putting any money on it, put it that way.

We will win this league at a canter, but to expect that the youngsters currently being blooded are not going to have periods of inconsistency is unrealistic. They have all had some very good moments todate, McKay in particular adding pace and creativity, but at some point mistakes will be made and confidence lost. Personally, I don't see us beating Gretna's record, but delighted if I am proven wrong!

No chance now. If we had had a pre season then we might have had a chance but we were always going to have a blip or 2. Kuznetzov may say if we had a better gaffer we would have.:thup:

Id say Div 3 is a better standard now than when Gretna was in it. Teams are also going to raise their game for having their biggest game in history against us unlike Gretna.

Gretna didn't finance the improvement of other teams in the league during that run. We're giving the other clubs in our league a huge income boost, which in turn allows them to improve their squads.

Records are nice but if all you do is aim for them you'll not only be disappointed most of the time even when you do well, but you'll also risk sabotaging your real goals. I don't care one jot about the Gretna record, I just want to win the league.

We have absolutely no idea how another manager would have done under the circumstances, so to say someone else would have done it is the usual glib, pseudo-psychic fiction dressed up as fact. I think we should leave that kind of stuff to you know who.

Can you imagine an Olympic gold medal winner being slagged off for not breaking the world record...?

Can you imagine an Olympic gold medal winner being slagged off for not breaking the world record...?

Not that it's relevant but I've slagged off Usain Bolt several times for not attempting to break the world record. He has all the ability but often slows down at the end when he could keep going. The Olympic 100m final was a big anti-climax for me due to the way that he raced.