8 Arrested at Ibrox

Guest DavieBlue

This thread is turning into a fuck the police thread.

Stick up for fellow fans, that's fine, I encourage that, we are all one big family.. but at the end of the day the police are there to do their job.

Menacing and/or threatening behaviour must not be tolerated. The accused made a threatening gesture.. do you honestly believe the police just waded in? I'm sure it is far more likely they told him to shut up to which the accused (or someone else) kicked off. You have to remember the atmosphere was hostile at this point after the red card and the police would have been very alert. It was the most hostile atmosphere I've ever experienced. I witnessed a steward being hit on the head with an "always Ibrox" flier. This was after the original fracas. He could easily have construed that as menacing behaviour but he let it go to keep the calm. That should have been the reaction from our fans after being told to settle the fuck down (in a judge dredd accent) This is just an opinion as I could not see the full event from where I was sitting.

If the police used excessive force and you know this for a fact then contact your local MSP. Generalising the police because of 1 incident is unfair. On the same token, its unfair of Gaz to assume it was drink related.

I'll take criticism for this but it could be worse.. across the pond it would have been rubber and/or live bullets.

This thread is turning into a fuck the police thread.

Stick up for fellow fans, that's fine, I encourage that, we are all one big family.. but at the end of the day the police are there to do their job.

Menacing and/or threatening behaviour must not be tolerated. The accused made a threatening gesture.. do you honestly believe the police just waded in? I'm sure it is far more likely they told him to shut up to which the accused (or someone else) kicked off. You have to remember the atmosphere was hostile at this point after the red card and the police would have been very alert. It was the most hostile atmosphere I've ever experienced. I witnessed a steward being hit on the head with an "always Ibrox" flier. This was after the original fracas. He could easily have construed that as menacing behaviour but he let it go to keep the calm. That should have been the reaction from our fans after being told to settle the fuck down (in a judge dredd accent) This is just an opinion as I could not see the full event from where I was sitting.

If the police used excessive force and you know this for a fact then contact your local MSP. Generalising the police because of 1 incident is unfair. On the same token, its unfair of Gaz to assume it was drink related.

I'll take criticism for this but it could be worse.. across the pond it would have been rubber and/or live bullets.

It's laughable at times. People shout and swear at the police but when they police react in the same way then said people go crazy. Treat people how they treat you, that's what I do.

I wasn't assuming it was drink related, I was using that as an example.......I think. I'm on my phone and can't be bothered to go look. :D

Honestly, I am not exactly a fan of this sort of "vogue" clad in black hooded sweaters "movement" of the "we are different" sort of type. Maybe it is some sort of required trademark of these "hardcore" fans who get the crowd going or are indeed portrayed as the only real atmosphere creators. But as soon as you put yourself into this black stuff and mark yourself as something "different", you end up being looked upon - not least by the police - in a different and IMHO unnecessary manner. For all sorts of idiot fans (or political "renegades" (far left or right, take your pick)) use this "fashion" and you quickly get the label of ultras, hooligans, troublemakers and whatnot. To each his/her own, but some do indeed call it upon themselves. Which is just an observation (e.g., nigh all St-Pauli fans (i.e. the club and support so in love with the Hooped Horrors) clad themselves in this fashion, as do the hooligans, ultras and hardcore fans over here) and by no means should be seen as any defense of the police.

That is how St. Pauli's whole stadium looks on a match day ...

pauli-fans-540x304.jpg

... and here some like-minded "Ultras" from Hansa Rostock

1333479149_Hansa_35930728_1893315_4_dpa_Pxgen_r_630xA.jpg

... as opposed to some BF1ers though, they all wear their team's scarfs et al.

Edited by der Berliner

A lot of wild assumptions and guesswork in this thread. Wait until the facts are out.

At the moment, we haven't seen any evidence of polive brutality, so whoever claimed a 13 year old got his fingers broken is probably lying. More people will be getting charged, so hopefully they will have this evidence by the time of the course case.

If there was evidence of police brutality then we'd have seen it by now.

IMO the police were heavy-handed and over-reacted somewhat - especially outside the stadium in dangerous circumstances. That could have escalated what was one arrest into a genuine problem. However, some fans also over-reacted so I can understand why the police were worried.