The 153 SPL players who are free to find a new club in January

I would take the following (in no particular order)

Andrew Shinnie

Cammy Bell

Andy Driver

Jon Daly

Tom Hately

Jamie Murphy

Zaine Francis-Angol

Don't know anything about Zaine, but would add Owain Tudur-Jones just for the name!

Shinnie tore us a new one when ICT happened by and I wouldn't mind re-signing him. Murphy is a no-brainer, Hateley for RB. Bell as Alexander's deputy and successor. Driver and Daly ... well the latter knows where the goal is, the former never really convinced me. Ryan McGowan may be another for Divi 2 and 1.

But as always, I'll only get excited once I see them pen in hand at Murray Park, ink drying on the contract.

Other than Cammy Bell & Murray Davidson there's not much there.

We need to concentrate in the areas of the team we require i.e. goalkeeper, centreback, midfield creativity & maybe a proven striker outwith the SPL.

No point in simply signing players because they're out of contract. They must be better than we've already got who'll improve the team.

I think the players we need won't be found in and around the SPLHell

I'd maybe take the big Hearts defender Žaliūkas, but I'm not convinced that we need any central defenders because I think we're reasonably well covered in that position. Plus, Goian and Boca are only out on loan.

I'd definitely take Andy Shinnie, but I don't think the club will acknowledge it's mistake in letting him go by bringing him back.

I'd maybe take the big Hearts defender Žaliūkas, but I'm not convinced that we need any central defenders because I think we're reasonably well covered in that position. Plus, Goian and Boca are only out on loan.

I'd definitely take Andy Shinnie, but I don't think the club will acknowledge it's mistake in letting him go by bringing him back.

I thought it was Shinnie's decision to leave?