Neil Alexander rejects new contract

I'm not a fan of Alexander to be honest. His decision making is questionable especially crosses and rushing out and also his distribution from the back. Most games i can think of at least 3 or 4 occasions where i'm thinking "why the f*ck is Alexander not coming for that" and i'm sorry but at 10k per week i'm sure we can find umpteen goalies who are as good and probably younger than Alexander.

I like Alexander and I think he was a good number 2 to have as backup for McGregor, but I never thought he was as good a goalkeeper as McGregor and that's the sort of standard we should be looking to have for helping us get back to the top of Scottish football where we belong.

I think we should maybe be looking to bring in a younger (24 to 28 year old) extremely talented keeper to be our number 1 starting next season, so that when we get back to the top league he's completely settled and has the experience of playing for us for a couple of seasons.

Used to be yes, not at 34 after several years of being on the bench and now only playing in the Scottish fourth tier.

He still has 6-8 years left in him. He wasn't just a bench warmer, he played cup games. If he didn't we would have lost him.

He is far better than what Carrol was and he played in the PL.

I'm sorry, he simply isn't.

No way is he worth the money that is being discussed, let alone more.

The money is not the issue here. He deserves a 2 year contract. He stuck with us through our period of instability, we owe it to him.