Neil Alexander rejects new contract

The money is not the issue here. He deserves a 2 year contract. He stuck with us through our period of instability, we owe it to him.

This is not the way things work. Positions (and with them contracts) are given to players who perform well and have a chance of performing well in the future. Whether or not Alexander has that potential is really up for Coisty to decide isn't it. Personally I'd like to see him wear light blue a couple more years.

This is not the way things work. Positions (and with them contracts) are given to players who perform well and have a chance of performing well in the future. Whether or not Alexander has that potential is really up for Coisty to decide isn't it. Personally I'd like to see him wear light blue a couple more years.

If that's not the way things work then how can we be angry with Naismith, McGregor et al?

The money is not the issue here. He deserves a 2 year contract. He stuck with us through our period of instability, we owe it to him.

why dont we offer him half the money then and make it a 2 years contract? he wants his cake and he wants to eat it. i would let him go. he isnt that good.

I'm not angry with them. Fans tend to be romantic about football but this is a player's job and 99% of the lads treat it that way. The other 1% may really care for the club they play for but that's the exception.

If that's not the way things work then how can we be angry with Naismith, McGregor et al?

Because they shafted us and walked out on their contracts (even if legally they were allowed to).

Alexander will be seeing out his contract, if the parties can't agree terms for an extension then fine, wish him well and we all move on. But we can't throw money about simply to reward loyalty, none of our players are exactly skint and our financial management has to be 100% sensible from now on with no exceptions, otherwise we'll eventually end up going through hell all over again.

He still has 6-8 years left in him. He wasn't just a bench warmer, he played cup games. If he didn't we would have lost him.

He is far better than what Carrol was and he played in the PL.

Carrol hasn't played in the PL for almost five years though. Alexander was a top Championship keeper when we got him but now I highly doubt the likes of Cardiff, Leicester, Leeds etc would be interested.

He's 34 having mainly been on the bench last few years and is only now playing in Scotland's fourth tier.

No higher than a lower Championship side imo.

yes but that details his circumstances not his talent.

his agent will know if a better deal is out there. we shouldn't be pushing the boat out just now. perhaps if he was younger and we would get years out of him when back in the spl.