Carlos Tevez has reportedly been made to wear a Brazil top in training for a week as punishment for storming out after being substituted at the weekend.

The Argentine striker has apologised for his fit of pique but Hammers boss Alan Pardew decided Tevez's team-mates should set his punishment.

Tevez, 22, was first asked to donate �£1,000 to charity.

The squad also insisted Tevez, who has yet to score for the club, should wear the shirt of Argentina's rivals Brazil.

Tevez angrily walked out of Upton Park after being replaced by Teddy Sheringham during Saturday's 1-0 win against Sheffield United.

He later apologised during training on Monday, acknowledging he did "very wrong" and that he did not mean to "disrespect" the players.

Tevez joined West Ham in a shock transfer from Brazilian club Corinthians last August but has struggled to command a regular first-team place.

His future at Upton Park remains unclear as he, and compatriot Javier Mascherano, were brought to West Ham by Iranian-born Kia Joorabchian, whose planned takeover fell by the wayside before Eggert Magnusson stepped in.

thats what he gets :flipa:

I think the 1000 pound fine is a joke. The players also suggested this amount and knew prior that he said he is putting the money to Great Ormand St hospital. But when he probably makes 25k a week he should surely be sticking at least 5 grand in.

If i was told to wear a rivals shirt..... i wouldnt.

And yeah, he could easily afford to times that amount by 10 and it still wouldnt hurt his pocket.

It's only a bit of a laugh wearing the rivals shirt. I'm sure he sees the funny side of it.

It's only a bit of a laugh wearing the rivals shirt. I'm sure he sees the funny side of it.

Yeah its ok if its that and he aint bothered about it, its just the wording in the article that says he's been 'made to' wear it.

There are still some shirts i wouldnt wear though, even as a joke. :D