http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~935418,00.html

CHARLIE ADAM is backing Kris Boyd to go on and become the most successful goal-getter in Rangers' history.

Adam reckons that if the prolific striker can maintain his remarkable scoring rate and stay at Rangers for the next 10 years or more then he has all the credentials to set a new record.

Of course, Boyd has an incredible target to reach as Ally McCoist scored 355 goals in 15 years at Ibrox.

However, that's 31 already for the Ayrshireman, who joined from Kilmarnock last January, and his goal against Killie last Sunday put him second on the all-time SPL list with 89 goals.

He edged past John Hartson and Adam feels that it is a distinct possibility that he can chase down Henrik Larsson's record of 154.

It has been a highly productive week for Boyd, having also scored the crucial second goal in Auxerre last Thursday which sent Rangers into the last 32 of the UEFA Cup.

Adam said: "Going second in the all-time SPL list does not surprise me. Scoring goals is what Boydy is all about and it's great to see him up there.

"I think that he will go on to become the greatest goal scorer in Rangers' history.

"He just has that knack of scoring goals at vital times and, of course, he proved that again in Auxerre last week as well as on Sunday.

"His goal against Kilmarnock really killed the game because I think it put the game beyond them."

The win over Killie capped a fine seven days for Rangers and Adam knows that Rangers must build on what they have achieved.

He said: "We have had a good week. We beat Hearts at Tynecastle, qualified for the last 32 of Europe and then beat Killie and I think that shows that we have good quality in our side.

"These were all big matches but the players showed they could cope with them.

"Now we have an equally important match at Falkirk on Sunday and we must go there and win.

"It was good news for us that Celtic drew at Easter Road last Sunday but we can't worry too much about what happens elsewhere.

"Obviously we need other teams to help us but we need to look after ourselves and make sure we pick up the wins that we need."

if boyd stays i have no doubt that he will beat larssons record but will take some beating to beat super allys

Really cant see him touching Coistys record. Super Ally was pretty lucky with injurys and played a lot bar for a year when Souness was in charge.

He also bagged 44 goals 2 years running and that alone must be some sort of record.

But Boyd will pass Larsson!

I cant get my head around this people thinking or wanting him to leave.

He can improve his performances and workrate dramatically yes, but if he goes then we will be missing what we've been cry out for for a good few seasons.... a goal scorer.

I cant get my head around this people thinking or wanting him to leave.

He can improve his performances and workrate dramatically yes, but if he goes then we will be missing what we've been cry out for for a good few seasons.... a goal scorer.

very much agreed.