Game Time & Player Development

Then problem arises for players in the under 18 – under 20 age group. In the past Rangers always played in the SPL Youth League, which this season has changed to an under 20 league. Three additional clubs, Dunfermline Athletic, Hamilton Accies and Falkirk were added and it is now a fifteen team league. Only people inside the club know why Rangers are not the sixteenth club, a minority view is that not invited, but the more common opinion is that they declined to take part. Had Rangers been included it would have given the club thirty competitive fixtures, and a schedule that takes them through to May.

Good and detailed account, yet you do wonder why there's need to insinuate that Rangers nigh-on-purpose stop their u20 from playing football? Of course, the women set-up is equally complicated and will be much improved this coming season. So why not ask some insider (or Green) what is going on ... before painting a gloomy future that may well be not that dark?

As for game time, if the SFL will restructure the leagues anyway, they may be persuaded to include a Rangers Swifts side in the bottom tier (for starters).

Good and detailed account, yet you do wonder why there's need to insinuate that Rangers nigh-on-purpose stop their u20 from playing football? Of course, the women set-up is equally complicated and will be much improved this coming season. So why not ask some insider (or Green) what is going on ... before painting a gloomy future that may well be not that dark?

As for game time, if the SFL will restructure the leagues anyway, they may be persuaded to include a Rangers Swifts side in the bottom tier (for starters).

Surely we can't have a Rangers B in the bottom tier as that's where Rangers A will be playing?

Rangers have said nothing on the subject, so what makes you think they would make me a special case and tell me ?

People in football, at other clubs have told me Rangers declined.

I am pretty sure if Rangers were in anyway blocked from entering this competition Mr Green would have made sure everyone got to know about it.

Not that dark ? Really ? Is one season where players are not getting the game time to develop not dark enough ? I can assure you that a significant number of parents of this group and the groups following see things as pretty dark at the moment.

From your comments it pretty clear you don't really get to see the youth teams much, take a visit to Murray Park, watch and listen to what's going on you may get a shock.

Rangers have said nothing on the subject, so what makes you think they would make me a special case and tell me ?

People in football, at other clubs have told me Rangers declined.

I am pretty sure if Rangers were in anyway blocked from entering this competition Mr Green would have made sure everyone got to know about it.

Not that dark ? Really ? Is one season where players are not getting the game time to develop not dark enough ? I can assure you that a significant number of parents of this group and the groups following see things as pretty dark at the moment.

From your comments it pretty clear you don't really get to see the youth teams much, take a visit to Murray Park, watch and listen to what's going on you may get a shock.

Frankly that's criminal and gives the appearance that there are some at Murray Park who do not want what's best for Rangers.