Six Called For Scots U18s

Mate, I can say it again ... your opinion is appreciated. You are neither wrong nor does anyone state something to the contrary of your statements. But you should also accept that people will make up their own minds and that mind will not solely based on one person's view, opinion, and experience.

@gunslinger .. you can do better than that. The truth is that elfideldo states what he perceives is going on, puts it into a frame and backs it up with IMHO selected facts. Yet, we - as opposed to Killie - saw potential in McKay and signed him up. Was that a lucky break from "the norm" or our scouts seeing more in him than some of our players they released? The crux remains that the rest of "us" get clubbed with all those fine players who made a breakthrough after leaving Rangers or rather: were send away. To have a comparison though you would ask how many of those released did not make it over the years, and how many folk released by other teams made their mark with us. So far this reads like a one-way-street: Rangers setup is bad, Rangers coaches are bad, always have been, always will be. And if you point that out, you cannot handle the truth? Well, well ...

i know plenty about murray park and i know elfidelo is right. you should listen to him.

Mate, I can say it again ... your opinion is appreciated. You are neither wrong nor does anyone state something to the contrary of your statements. But you should also accept that people will make up their own minds and that mind will not solely based on one person's view, opinion, and experience.

@gunslinger .. you can do better than that. The truth is that elfideldo states what he perceives is going on, puts it into a frame and backs it up with IMHO selected facts. Yet, we - as opposed to Killie - saw potential in McKay and signed him up. Was that a lucky break from "the norm" or our scouts seeing more in him than some of our players they released? The crux remains that the rest of "us" get clubbed with all those fine players who made a breakthrough after leaving Rangers or rather: were send away. To have a comparison though you would ask how many of those released did not make it over the years, and how many folk released by other teams made their mark with us. So far this reads like a one-way-street: Rangers setup is bad, Rangers coaches are bad, always have been, always will be. And if you point that out, you cannot handle the truth? Well, well ...

But these people making up their own minds will do so based on what then ? I would be surprised if ANY of us have as solid a knowledge of the youth set up at Rangers as elfideldo has. Yet others will make up their mind without being in touch with everything that is going on at the youth dept at Rangers, and probably having seen very little of the youths either.

You will have to excuse me, but when it comes to the youth set up, given I dont go and see youth games, I will accept and acknowledge the information that elfideldo is giving and will also be concerned at his viewpoint of our youth program, especially as we need to have a productive program right now.

I dont believe anyone on here has actually said this, have they ? They are saying that, in the here and now, things are poor with our youth set up. Not that it has always been that way.

Edited by craig

I obviously wrong and don't understand what I'm watching, strange I don't remember seeing any of you at Murray Park on a regular basis. So I'll bow to your superior knowledge on players you've never seen.

I don't think anyone is denying your knowledge of the youths. But unlike kuznetsov's assertions anyone's views on anything are open to questioning.

Your input on the youths is invaluable and highly appreciated. Don't let trolling behaviour think that is not the case.

I don't think anyone is denying your knowledge of the youths. But unlike kuznetsov's assertions anyone's views on anything are open to questioning.

Your input on the youths is invaluable and highly appreciated. Don't let trolling behaviour think that is not the case.

i am not the only one who finds people(i wont lower myself to calling them trolls like you did) questioning elfideldo or even desperately attempting to rubbish his opinion pathetic but you carry on with your kuznetsov obsession. there was absolutely no need for you to mention me but you just couldnt help yourself and after you admitting yourself my opinion means nothing to you too. :facepalm:

It would be great if people start not picking upon certain sentences alone. It is the OP who starts lamenting about people not taking up on his word. If others know that things are not fine as well, great. No-one is saying that this is not the case, nor is anyone here saying the OP is wrong - which is implied in some of the protests above.

Of course, it would actually be helpful not to retreat behind some argument-fence but answer the IMHO valid points. Want an example?

Strangely of the six players in this squad, Currie is being released. Telfer and Urquhart have turned down new contracts, but everything is going swell, nothing to be concerned about there.

I will dismiss the last bit and simply ask: why are they released? Because of not getting games - as is being suggested by the OP, or because they a) see no future for themselves at the club (and so begins the blame game) or b) the wages offered, or c) they already got a better deal elsewhere on offer?

On a sidenote (and nothing more), these young lads AFAIK all start to turn professional soonish. Not so long ago, certain people on this board were asking why we kept all the squad and staff throughout the administration phase and keep them on still. Why we are still running at a loss. Could it be that we've decided to cut lose the ties with some of the youths? Just asking.

NB: Yes, I remembered that bit about McKay not passing a medical later on. Good to see the usual suspects jumping on it at leisure.

Edited by der Berliner

NB: Yes, I remembered that bit about McKay not passing a medical later on. Good to see the usual suspects jumping on it at leisure.

Take responsibility for your own failings instead of trying to blame everyone else.

You are the one who posted incorrect facts in this thread.