Six Called For Scots U18s

The OP said nothing of the sort, he only copied an article from the Official Website. Which only reported on one out of five youth squad selected recently, understandable their job is to promote the club. Although they have already decided one(Currie) isn't good enough, and another two don't want to be there.

I don't really care whether you believe what I'm saying or not, but I know the facts and a) is probably correct, they don't see a future at the club, but the reasons are they don't see a future is the lack of competitive football which is impacting on their development and not happy under the current regime. So I have answered your "valid point" with the facts, better offers or cash has nothing to do with it.

If you actually knew anything about the youth football you would know they are not turning professional soonish, but have been professional since at least the summer.

Ironically both players will probably still be at Rangers as the compensation rules mean they can't walk away, unless a club down south is willing to pay a significant fee.

Edited by elfideldo

Do you have any idea how our budget compares to the likes of say Aberdeen or Hibs for youth development? double, treble.... 10x ?

Also say we scout a player from Inverness and want to sign him how does that work? do we need to shift him to Glasgow or does he just commute at the weekend for a training session? I imagine if its the former that would cost a bloody fortune if you were doing it for multiple players.

Sorry nae idea how any of this works...

Not sure about the comparative budget sizes at the moment, but Rangers will still be a fair bit ahead of these teams. Until this year there was also a budget to pay development fees to other clubs, only Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Falkirk I am aware of paying development fees in recent years.

When George Adam was at Rangers, they signed quite a few players from Aberdeen area and they commuted to Rangers. At present nearly all the youth players come from the Central belt, but there are players from Stranraer, Lochgoilhead and until recently Dunoon. These players are at Murray Park 2, 3 or even 4 times a week and it's pretty much the parents that foot the bill for travelling.

Hearts have pretty much given up their Glasgow setup, but Aberdeen and Dundee United still have training nights in the west of Scotland.

i came through the dundee united school of excellence in the 90's. we trained twice a week in glasgow(helenvale). it was the best set up in scotland and 90% of our youth team were from glasgow and surrounding areas. several of my team mates from then went to have decent careers with two managing to play for rangers!

Not sure about the comparative budget sizes at the moment, but Rangers will still be a fair bit ahead of these teams. Until this year there was also a budget to pay development fees to other clubs, only Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Falkirk I am aware of paying development fees in recent years.

When George Adam was at Rangers, they signed quite a few players from Aberdeen area and they commuted to Rangers. At present nearly all the youth players come from the Central belt, but there are players from Stranraer, Lochgoilhead and until recently Dunoon. These players are at Murray Park 2, 3 or even 4 times a week and it's pretty much the parents that foot the bill for travelling.

Hearts have pretty much given up their Glasgow setup, but Aberdeen and Dundee United still have training nights in the west of Scotland.

Did the Aberdeen based players not also train with Dyce Juniors when George Adams was at Rangers?

Pretty sure Dundee United's West of Scotland school is in Cumbernauld now.

Did the Aberdeen based players not also train with Dyce Juniors when George Adams was at Rangers?

Quite a few of the players came from Dyce Boys Club

Slightly off topic but elfideldo do you know if the storm damage to the indoor pitch roof has been fixed yet or not?

Not fixed yet, but they were working on it one of the days I was there. The other days I been there recently haven't exactly been working on roof days weather wise.