After I married the wife I stopped watching horror movie's. So much horror in one day was just too much for me. In retrospect i would probably been better watching a 1.5 hour movie and dumping the wife. It would have saved me 22.5 hours of horror a day.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Mission Impossible 5 Rogue Nation

You know a film I good when the 2 hours goes pretty quick. Im a fan of the TV series and the films. This one is cracking. I probably enjoyed the 4th one slightly better and the first is one of my fave films so it doesn't pip those two.

8 / 10

Edited by Gribz

• 3 months later...

Read The Martian while on holiday - was quite good given my scientific background but struggle to see how it would make a good film as there's not too many 'big' action moments to keep the popcorn crowd happy!

I too read the Martian on holiday (after the wife gave up after 2 pages) and went to see the movie the day after i returned.

I'd say it was an excellent scientific movie, slightly mushified by Hollywood. Not many big action sequences, but enough cinematography and effects to keep space movie afficionados like myself happy. Europa Report is my favourite space/scientific film - quite slow though.

The Martian: A sort of Robinson Crusoe on Mars. Easy 8/10.

• 1 month later...