The decision

Also, Iam quite sure that BDO will not accept that the fine is to be added to the list of Creditors as it is too late to be added, so therefore it will not be paid, even at whatever rate is eventually agreed p in the £ with creditors.

I await the SPL now trying to pass this debt on under the 5 way agreement to the current Rangers board. They are in desparate need of the cash as this case has cost them about £500K. Nice work for celtics lawyers and LNS.

There's a difference between not disclosing a £100 Christmas bonus and £47.9 million of payments.

The onus was on Rangers to disclose them, hence the fine, but questions have to be asked why the SFA/SPL didn't pick it up sooner, given that they were clearly disclosed in the club's accounts.

The fine isn't based on the amount in the payments, its based on the amount of years we didn't file them, anyway its all win for me Not Guilty of cheating and another recognition from a judge that we are the same club.

Kiddiefiddler St is in meltdown its hilarious.

Edited by GovanAllan

let me see if I understand this.

The rule which we are deemed to have breach was designed to prevent irregular payments to players.

The payments we made were found not to be irregular and were all legal and above board.

For not bringing these legal and regular payments to the attention of the authorities, we are to be fined one quarter of a million pounds despite those payments being entirely legitimate?

is that about it?

We did nothing wrong, get fined 250,000 and people seem to think we've won?

Spot on mate, we get fined for not telling them we were doing things correctly and above board.

The rule which we are deemed to have breach was designed to prevent irregular payments to players.

The payments we made were found not to be irregular and were all legal and above board.

For not bringing these legal and regular payments to the attention of the authorities, we are to be fined one quarter of a million pounds despite those payments being entirely legitimate?

is that about it?

We didn't disclose the payments and that is what was done wrong.

is that about it?

In reality, LNS is saying that the side-letters containing the payments were lawful and that therefore there was no reason for them to be omitted from the documents lodged to the SPL/SFA for player registrations. That we chose to do so without asking them if it was ok not to do so is the only thing they can throw at us out of all this.

It makes you more curious as to how they decided to run with this at all in the first place? What sort of pressure were they under to ensure this happened? How do the few sane member clubs of the SPL now feel when they have had to pay up approx £40K per club towards the legal bills for something this petty, in the hope of some of the more deranged amongst them that they could find something to take away titles from us that would only positively affect one club, and negatively affect every club?

In reality, LNS is saying that the side-letters containing the payments were lawful and that therefore there was no reason for them to be omitted from the documents lodged to the SPL/SFA for player registrations. That we chose to do so without asking them if it was ok not to do so is the only thing they can throw at us out of all this.

It makes you more curious as to how they decided to run with this at all in the first place? What sort of pressure were they under to ensure this happened? How do the few sane member clubs of the SPL now feel when they have had to pay up approx £40K per club towards the legal bills for something this petty, in the hope of some of the more deranged amongst them that they could find something to take away titles from us that would only positively affect one club, and negatively affect every club?

If any were sane they'd have spoken out against it already. They are all implicated. They all hate us and wanted us dead. Which is how I feel about them. Compensation courts, anyone?

On BBC Reporting Scotland at 1.30pm Sally Magnusson in her report about the decision said the fine was for fielding ineligible players.

That's not right is it?

Spot on. Yet again BBC Scotland is incapable of relating facts accurately when it comes to our club. Only last night the sports section of the news was leading by saying tomorrow we would find out if Rangers were getting titles stripped, instead of just stating that tomorrow the commission's verdict would be announced together with any sanctions if guilty.

The fine was for not correctly reporting a lawful letter which contained information about loans to properly registered players. But that sounds like nothing so better to report, wrongly, that it is about ineligable players.

I doubt it will be corrected by 6.30pm either.

On BBC Reporting Scotland at 1.30pm Sally Magnusson in her report about the decision said the fine was for fielding ineligible players.

That's not right is it?

Page 27 of the report states:

"This is an important finding, as it means that there was no instance shown of Rangers FC fielding an ineligible player."