Please walk away McCoist

What can he do though? We simple have no-one who can run and dominate the midfield. As long as Macleod (of all people!!!) was in there, we had someone who harassed the opposition all night long and sprayed some good passes about. Hutton has 1 good game in 5, while Black is all over the place trying to fill gaps ... something he never really was required to do at Hearts. Shiels is in and out of the side and his form too. And having Crawford, Naismith and McKay in there does help, but in front of 46k disgruntled Bears, their confidence will be running low soonish. IMHO, there is hardly anything McCoist can do without new faces, as the current ones are to a large extent no-where near (what we expect as) Rangers quality and most of them suffering from a bad loss of form (if you call it that) these days.

What he can do is stop this two 6er defensive midfield setup and put a more attack-minded player in there. Heck, right now I wouldn't mind if McCulloch gets the holding midfield place and Hemmings/Sandaza joins Little up front. For McCulloch can command a midfield and actually play a pass that reaches one of ours ...

I agree RE McCulloch back into midfield. I never thought Id say that again as Ive always said he is a striker, but at 34 his pace has gone and he should now be the holding midfielder.

Massive changes needed to the next game to show a few players they arent guarenteed a place everyweek. Unfortunately we cant make too many changes at the back as we dont have the player.

If Ally says the performance is unacceptable then he needs to drop people.

Id play this next week.

:sg:

:aa::ch::ec::lw:

:lm:

:bm::dt::fa:

:al::hemmings:

Honestly can't believe some of the nonsense in this thread.

I would play this guy here and that guy there, problem is the so called manager plays guys all over the place and we get the worst result in Rangers history.

But it's ok because he can't buy anybody. :facepalm:

Cribari and the greek? seriousy? Did you not watch today's game?

Its either that or a 2-6-2 formation. Faure is our only other available defender and Ive never seen him play. But agree with Steve's point at Forest. I cant think of a player McCoist has signed who has improved as a player. They have all went backwards.

Its either that or a 2-6-2 formation. Faure is our only other available defender and Ive never seen him play. But agree with Steve's point at Forest. I cant think of a player McCoist has signed who has improved as a player. They have all went backwards.

faure looks even worse :facepalm:

day later and still in mourning.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

have a look at Forest

same players different manager

playing great

That is because people generally note the upward trend. Now, try to look at new managers and teams going downhill and you would probably find 5 downhills for every 1 who improves his side with the same players. Just saying.

We lost Davis, Edu, Ness , McCabe etc and brought in one midfielder - Ian Black. That was a recipe for disaster especially when we came up against better sides. We are well short in MF and yesterday was another example.

If our defenders were able to go backwards we widnae be in this mess!

We lost Davis, Edu, Ness , McCabe etc and brought in one midfielder - Ian Black. That was a recipe for disaster especially when we came up against better sides. We are well short in MF and yesterday was another example.

Black hardly played in the defensive midfield role at Hearts where we use him. Why jump on him, when Hutton has been disastrous in 4 out of 5 games too? The both of them in there are a woeful combination and for some reason McCoist sticks to this tactic. It's baffling, but nothing uncommon from Rangers managers. As I said before, Macleod was the only bright spot in our central midfield ... at 17+. There is no creativity and the people in there can't dominate a midfield or dictate a game. It was obvious at the start of the season and while we are stuck with the same players, the opposition has by now adjusted to this. Will McCoist throw in more youngsters now? Have we actually got any midfielders out there ready and able (!) for that job? If we talk about Rangers standards, I'd say not till next September.