Please walk away McCoist

I think that's a fair summation of things.

The question is, If Ally stays & is given longer.....how much longer??? 1 season, 2 seasons, another shot at the various cups etc.

The things that worrying me the most is giving him 10mill to spend, I wouldn't send him to the shops for a loaf of bread.

I think that's a fair summation of things.

The question is, If Ally stays & is given longer.....how much longer??? 1 season, 2 seasons, another shot at the various cups etc.

Ally will be in charge next season and if things don't change in regards style of football i think CG will make a decision based on what he see's and if fans start not turning up his decision will be made easier.

Another big bad Ally thread ... with the same arguments that can be wielded so easily being repeated and becoming gospel. And if you speak up on a more objective note, the "excuse" cudgel is out. But suum cuique.

Sorry, but just because you are in support of Ally it absolutely does NOT make YOU the "objective" one. That is very poor dB. Your support of Ally is as subjective as those who want rid of him.

Your opinion of him is every bit as subjective as the next person.

What would you call objective ? We are top of the league ? We will win the league ?

The next person will say that we have been beaten by a team of part-timers, beaten by a team that are widely recognised as the worst team in professional Scottish football.

Both of those statements are as objective as the other - yet one defends Ally whilst the other doesnt.

Just because you support him it doesnt make you the oracle of objectivity.

I think most folk support Ally and want him to succeed - if anything to top off an absolutely glorious career as a Rangers player. However, Ally himself ain't making it easy....his track record is pretty poor, and so far showing no real sign of any major improvement.

Sorry, but just because you are in support of Ally it absolutely does NOT make YOU the "objective" one. That is very poor dB. Your support of Ally is as subjective as those who want rid of him.

Your opinion of him is every bit as subjective as the next person.

What would you call objective ? We are top of the league ? We will win the league ?

The next person will say that we have been beaten by a team of part-timers, beaten by a team that are widely recognised as the worst team in professional Scottish football.

Both of those statements are as objective as the other - yet one defends Ally whilst the other doesnt.

Just because you support him it doesnt make you the oracle of objectivity.

The point is that we've heard it all before, we know the facts, but those who bash him disregard most of them by now and whip up the standard fare of "quality players", "more wages", "bigger budget", "barkeeper opposition" et al. Is that objective in your eyes?

its whipped up for two main reasons. its true and becomes more damaging with every passing week.

secondly hes got to go. how else do we achieve that.

I remember after a couple of good games against Queens Park and Clyde a few weeks back we both argued with Kuznetsov saying you couldn't write Ally off if he stays in the post.

However, from what i've seen since any amount of faith I had has been drained.

The point is that we've heard it all before, we know the facts, but those who bash him disregard most of them by now and whip up the standard fare of "quality players", "more wages", "bigger budget", "barkeeper opposition" et al. Is that objective in your eyes?

Yes it is.

What cannot be denied are facts, which would mean objectivity.

FACTS :

1. We have a higher standard of player. Cant be denied given the standard that our squad have played at compared to our opposition

2. More wages. We pay more wages for a better standard of player. Again a fact

3. Bigger budget. Again this is a fact.

4. Barkeeper opposition - again, it is a fact that we have not had one opposing team this season who are full time football players. So, yes, it is a fact.

Every thing you mentioned is factual. Which means that it IS objective.

Yes, we have heard it all before, and it is tiresome. BUT, by the same token, we have also heard the excuses before that there is a transfer embargo, or it has been exceptional circumstances or we had a summer of not knowing if we would even be playing football.

See, those excuses supporting Ally have ALSO been heard before and they too are just as tiresome as the ones wanting him to go.

The points above are objective, I dont think that can be denied. What is also objective is that we are at the top of the table and will win this league at a canter, as was expected.

However, the defence of Ally is futile if fans start to vote with their feet due to the poor standard of performance - in the other thread there are a LOT of people who wont be renewing their ST's and if that is indicative of the support as a whole then Green will relieve Ally of his duties because the club need people buying ST's, it really is that simple. Personally I would prefer if Ally took on "director of football" for a short term stint before then leaving the club with dignity or becoming an ambassador - the "director of football" role would be solely in name only so that he can save face for the "We dont do walking away mantra" - he deserves at least that in my opinion.

But what should be fairly clear to BOTH sides of the Ally debate is that this team arent giving the performances that a) they are capable of and b) are expected of RANGERS players - and the ultimate responsibility for that is the manager's - and he pays for it with the loss of his job if it continues. Whether we like it or not (and I personally DONT like it in Ally's case) that is how it MUST be.

We've been doing work recently with some doctors who have been working for a number of spl clubs over the last few years. So naturally chat turned to football and they've confirmed a lot of the rumours that have been persistent on Gers forums in particular since the PLG incident, but are a common theme when it comes to any football board. It was really shocking to hear the details about the basic failings at club and player level when it comes to fitness, diet & nutrition and even attitudes around day to day training sessions and how much time players think they should be "working" for.

The other thing that is clear is that the "jobs for the boys" attitude that often seems to play a part when managers/clubs are putting together coaching and back room teams also serves to promote the continued acceptance of what are now very much antiquated Scottish methods and attitudes around football training and performance.

Really interesting and quite depressing tbh.