Success or failure?

How would judge the season?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How would judge the season?

• Success
    • Failure

I think it is a very tricky question to answer because we have had Success & failure in varying amounts depending on your point of view.

Back playing football - Success

win the 3rd Div - Success

Commercial progress - Success

Cup runs - generally a failure (could/should have done better)

I think improving the style of play has generally been a fans requirement, and has been a massive failure.

Promoting youths to 1st team - success

developing youths - generally a failure. Are the youngsters in the team improving with match experience???

A mixed bag, but the main goal was win the league, which we will do comfortably.

developing youths - generally a failure. Are the youngsters in the team improving with match experience???

That one's quite deceptive though. A youngster usually gives a false impression in their first few games due to the excitement of breaking into the team, adrenaline levels through the roof and the fans cheering them on. They think faster, move faster. They're in 'the zone'. This can give the impression of a player with a much higher level of ability, but it doesn't last. A level of normality will always set in and it's how the youngster deals with this to give a sustained level if performance that will determine how they progress.

The same can apply to more experienced players making their debut. The difference being that those players have been through it before and have a level of consistency.

Some of the youngsters that have broke into the first team this season might not make it in the long run, but we shouldn't be too quick to write them off.

On the pitch it's not been a total failure, but it has been a massive disappointment. It would have been one of the great sporting disasters of all time if we hadn't won Div 3 with the resources at our disposal, so I guess we've achieved the absolute minimum expected of us.

I think improving the style of play has generally been a fans requirement, and has been a massive failure.

Promoting youths to 1st team - success

you have to ask if the young players playing in the first team this season are really good enough to start with. I'm not convinced very many we've seen this season will make it. McLeod & McKay have the potential to go far but whether they do or not remains to be seen. The rest are a 'no from me unfortunately