NEW: SFL Clubs Breakaway to From Championship (SPFL2)

we won't be invited to spl2 and it wont happen anyway.

if it does happen the spl still have to pay the sfl 2million in a settlement figure every year and then the 1 million for tv rights.

the sfl clubs will end up richer than spl clubs. certainly than spl2 clubs.

Surely the current SPL clubs have been told that there will be more TV money in order for them to agree to any sharing of funds with an SPL2. They are dying a death(we think) with what they've got now.

Therefore, the only way to get those extra funds, is to have Rangers involved in the new league. Hence the reason for my previous questions.

I don't believe for a minute SKY would offer up any extra cash for an SPL2 without our involvement.

I've not read every post on this topic, so I'll apologise in advance if this question has already been asked and answered.

Does anybody believe that we(Rangers) are involved in any of this? Is there a chance these moves towards an SPL2 have been initiated by any deals that have been done by ourselves and the powers that be?

I don't think our club is that daft. We, the fans, have made it crystal clear we have no interest in any favours or back doors.

I don't think our club is that daft. We, the fans, have made it crystal clear we have no interest in any favours or back doors.

I'm not sure any of this is possible without our involvement. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Surely the current SPL clubs have been told that there will be more TV money in order for them to agree to any sharing of funds with an SPL2. They are dying a death(we think) with what they've got now.

Therefore, the only way to get those extra funds, is to have Rangers involved in the new league. Hence the reason for my previous questions.

I don't believe for a minute SKY would offer up any extra cash for an SPL2 without our involvement.

you may well be correct but how would we get fast-tracked into SPL2(or whatever it's to be called)?

I'm still not sure why Milne & others were annoyed at St Mirren & Ross County for rejecting the 12-12-18.

There's got to be something in this SKY deal only the chose few(Liewell, Petrie, Thompson, Milne) know about.

IMHO there is no legal or reasonable way to fast-track us back. And IMHO no-one at Rangers, management, support or staff will want to get fast-tracked back either.

These people clutch at straws and are prepared to wreck the whole Scottish setup. I wonder when the SFA will step in, for if this comes to a head, we might end up with two league setups in one country with good shouts for European football et al. The current SFL and its board has done nothing wrong.