Ally McCoist confirms signing talks with Nicky Clark

Aw Christ, he's another Boyd. A bunch of tap ins. No running, no obvious technique, just a shit load of poacher's goals. His physique suggests he should be a bit more mobile, but Christ, that really looked like he's a wee poacher and nothin more. Not my preferred style of player to say the least.

Hey, I could be wrong. Not much chance, but there's a chance nonetheless. Fingers crossed, eh lads?

Cue Boyd fans...goals are the currency..blah blah. I want footballers. Hopefully Nicky's one. We'll see lads.

seems pretty good in the air.

Seems pretty good bundling them on from close. Not mulch else. Given his build I need to see his all round play before I decide whether he's a part of the future.,temps behind a predator could be nice. Where to play little though?

Aw Christ, he's another Boyd. A bunch of tap ins. No running, no obvious technique, just a shit load of poacher's goals. His physique suggests he should be a bit more mobile, but Christ, that really looked like he's a wee poacher and nothin more. Not my preferred style of player to say the least.

Hey, I could be wrong. Not much chance, but there's a chance nonetheless. Fingers crossed, eh lads?

Cue Boyd fans...goals are the currency..blah blah. I want footballers. Hopefully Nicky's one. We'll see lads.

We had Weiss, Jelavic, Aluko and have Templeton these last few seasons. So please give those who want a 30-goal-Boyd a bit more freedom, yes?! ;)

everyone's different, for me it's a team game and I love a poacher who does nothing but scores goals but of course it's not for everyone.

hopefully he will work hard as well and please more fans than boyd did, of course if he scores goals as well :)

NO. I have my principles.

Sure, but you won't get the kind of players you want for every position, so a bit of freedom should be there. BTW, I doubt that anyone on here wouldn't rate Boyd (or Clark) as non-footballers. They are no Templetons, Alukos, or Weiss', but neither were Miller, Boumsong, Amoruso et al.

But we'll have to see how he shapes up in a Rangers shirt anyway. If he gets one, that is.

Snatched from FF

Originally Posted by Marko123 View Post

Spoke to a number of QOS fans and they all said he's VERY fast and great in the air for a small guy. However he fades in and out of games, for example the last home game of the season he was rotten for the full game then scored two goals in the 87th and 91st minute.

We need to make sure we're patient with the lad and don't expect too much. He will score goals but teams will set up differently against us than they would have against QOS so he won't be scoring a hattrick in every game.

Edited by der Berliner

Clearly knows where to put himself to give him the best chance of scoring. If he has any weaknesses, it's up to the coaches to strengthen them.

Given his scoring record from this season and what he'll cost, seems like a no brainer.....sign him Ally :thup:

Truth of the matter is....this season in a good number of games, we've needed a good poacher. At times, we've created a lot of good chances in a game, but failed to put it in the net.

Jig & Little have done well with 50+ goals between them, but Clark has nailed 40+ by himself.

Goals are what win you matches.....not how much running your players do.