Cammy Bell - Think big

At least pose a bit of an argument lads... (Ignoring the ridiculous Namouchi comment)

When I say he was always going to be a Rangers player is becauseI believe that Cammy Bell has been one of the standout keepers over the last few years in the SPL. Anytime I have watched Kilmarnock, Cammy Bell has been head and shoulders above his team mates.

Fair enough, it is all about opinions. I think he is a very poor keeper all round. Occasionally does okay on shot stopping but does not command his area and his positioning is poor and often costly. The only thing I can say that must help him is that his distribution is so poor it is certainly on Rangers level in that department. I am also sure we could get better value for money from the lower leagues.

Cammy Bell, imo, will not be our keeper when we are back in the top dividion.

Fair enough, it is all about opinions. I think he is a very poor keeper all round. Occasionally does okay on shot stopping but does not command his area and his positioning is poor and often costly. The only thing I can say that must help him is that his distribution is so poor it is certainly on Rangers level in that department. I am also sure we could get better value for money from the lower leagues.

Cammy Bell, imo, will not be our keeper when we are back in the top dividion.

Sounds the complete opposite of what out head goalkeeping coach thinks......based on our previous keepers, I know who's opinion I'll go for....

Im guessing he isnt the most fashionable signing and if he had the name Cammo Bello people might give him more of a chance.

TBH I cant recall ever remembering a performance by him when I watched our gamesv Kilmarnock. Im uneasy about signing average SPL players but keepers are a different type of player altogether so I'll wait and see. He surely has to be good enough for Div 2 and 1 anyway.

I agree.

In our current position I can't see a problem with signing a promising and experienced young player from the SPL for free and slotting into our new wage structure, especially as we can't actually buy anyone till January. Seems like a good bit of business. A relative marquee signing under the circumstances.

I remember him having a stinker against us 2 (I think) seasons ago, down at Rugby Park when he sold at least one of our goals. He seemed to have improved a lot when we played them last season.

I have no idea how he performed this season as I haven't followed SPL in any shape or form.

Overall I don't have a problem with us signing him.

I'm not so sure about the criticism he is getting on here. I've always believed a player deserves a chance to prove themselves and its going to be a long summer if every player we are signing on a precontract gets the same treatment.

Signing Bell makes financial sense if Alexander wont budge on wages. Why we don't have a youth player that could step in is more concerning to me than brining in Bell.

We have a history of shorter keepers(Peter Mcloy being the exception) George Niven,The Goalie,Klos and McGregor wasn't much taller.So,with me six foot is fine as long as he can stop the ball going in our net,he'll do for me.:basher: