5 years ago today - share your experience

Where to start , so many brilliant memories from my greatest ever day out .

From the heart stopping elation of Nacho,s penalty to the almost sudden realization that I might not get a ticket , talk about from the highest high to the lowest low .So straight onto all the teams forums from the quarters that had been knocked out and started begging for any tickets , low and behold a reply from a spanish girl , $200(I think ) euros for 2 tickets DHL delivery but they wanted a bank transfer , shit decisions decisions , straight onto ££ as I posted mainly on their before my life ban , to ask if any bear wanted to go halfers , well my inbox nearly exploded with offers but first one got it , we were on , money sent , tickets duly arrived and the rendezvous to give the ticket to the other fan was set , then I received a frantic email stating that the money had not arrived and that she had sent the wrong bank details , ohhhhh dilema , I had the tickets , but don't fear folks there was no way I was bumping this girl so money was resent and hey presto 3 days later a nice wee bottle of Rioja arrived at my door courtesy of the senorita .

So there were 5 of us going down , 3 of us were night shift and 2 were getting picked up in Thornliebank , then off we went , what I will never forget is the sheer volume of fans , it was amazing , however not as amazing as being passed by a minibus in the middle lane at 70mph , nothing strange there I hear you say , well what was different was that the door was open and a guy,s leg in full broken leg/plaster was poking out , also we couldnt actually see him for the cases of lager that were perched precariously on his lap .

Next we arrived into Manchester , mental but so so excited , we were heading for a carpark near the Deansgate Hilton , as we had no where to stay we thought worse case scenario kip in the car park , anyway we headed around only to be stopped by a comotion ahead , the biggest black guy you have ever seen had stopped another minibus about 3 cars ahead , they were trying to get into a bit of spare ground under a bridge and he wasnt letting them , well in true Rangers style they started doing the bouncy inside the minibus and god only knows how managed to turn it 90 deg blocking all the roads , the big fella burst out laughing and let them in , price less.

Car parked , we did what everyone else did and mulled ariound the various squares etc before heading to the deansgate Hilton to pick up our other 2 tickets from some one who had a contact inside sky tv , low and behold it was none other than Jim White , to cut a long story short we spent all day with him , drank champagne with Platini , and Big Eck , blagged a room in the Hilton,had our pictures taken with Ray Wilkins and my mate was the last person to hold the trophy before it was taken away to be placed on the pitch .

Best day of my life , and I can hardly remember the game , have never watched any highlights either , also when we woke up and went to drive home you would never have believed that there had been any trouble the place was immaculate .