Ally McCoist has told Sky Sports News he will be "thrilled" if Rangers secure deals for Bilel Mohsni and Boris Pandza.

Mohsni was part of a travelling side which won 1-0 at Bristol City on Saturday, and the defender again impressed McCoist.

Talks remain ongoing with the Frenchman and his fellow centre-half Pandza, and the Rangers manager is hopeful both will arrive permanently when the club's transfer embargo is lifted in September.

He said: "It would be brilliant if we could get the two of them - a Christmas cake scenario.

"Boris is a really good standard of player, and our chief executive Craig Mather has been in talks with his representative. I'd be absolutely thrilled if we could get both.

"Bilel has been terrific for us, and we'd obviously be keen to take it further and offer him a contract.

"I think he's happy at the club, he's settled in well, and we've certainly liked what we've seen so hopefully we can get the deal done. I'm hoping it's just a matter of getting the paperwork done."

McCoist earlier welcomed Mather's appointment as permanent chief executive.

He said: "I'm delighted about it, absolutely delighted, and I've phoned Craig to congratulate him. I've said all along that we need to get stability at boardroom level and at the higher levels within the club.

"I believe we're getting there now, I really do. I certainly hope so because that's what we've been crying out for.

"The last couple of years have been traumatic to say the least for the football club but things are settling down and that helps."

McCoist earlier welcomed Mather's appointment as permanent chief executive.

He said: "I'm delighted about it, absolutely delighted, and I've phoned Craig to congratulate him. I've said all along that we need to get stability at boardroom level and at the higher levels within the club.

"I believe we're getting there now, I really do. I certainly hope so because that's what we've been crying out for.

"The last couple of years have been traumatic to say the least for the football club but things are settling down and that helps."

This is good...

Surely not

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-boss-ally-mccoist-targets-2058760

"THE Ibrox doors have been thrown open for Kenny Miller to make a return to Rangers.

He is wanted for a third spell to boost Ally McCoistâ??s squad numbers and Record Sport understands the striker is desperate to make the move from Vancouver Whitecaps back to Glasgow.

A hefty reduction in salary would make no difference to the player if he could settle his family back in Scotland.

Itâ??s believed that Rangersâ?? management team have let it be known they want Miller back.

His contract in Canada is due to expire in September and the pressure is now on Ibrox chief executive Craig Mather to help seal the deal.

McCoist yesterday insisted reports of Rangers having strength in numbers have been exaggerated.

He said: â??I want to put the record straight on something. I have a squad that contains youngsters who have not yet earned the right to be called Rangers first-team members.

â??I can rely on 18 or 19 experienced players. Thatâ??s not a criticism of anyone.

â??But in the meantime I have a budget thatâ??s a fraction of the size it once was and I need to get in a striker who can complement Jon Daly by playing slightly behind him.

â??I know who I want and I think he would be great for this club.â?

Last night McCoist and Mather, who flew into Rangersâ?? German training camp for talks with the manager, were trying to advance the plans to sign defender Bilel Mohsni.

McCoist said: â??Itâ??s all down to finance but Iâ??m hopeful Iâ??ll get the information I want to hear in the next couple of days.â?

“But in the meantime I have a budget that’s a fraction of the size it once was and I need to get in a striker who can complement Jon Daly by playing slightly behind him.

If I was Nicky Clark, I would be really disappointed to read this. Where is Ally going to play him, if at all, and secondly, is he viewed as one of the youngsters who haven't earned the right to be called first team players?

I said it in the other thread, but why would you want to sign a 33 year old Miller who is on over 700k a year for the third tier? Ally's talking like Jon Daly is our only striker at this point.

It is a terrible move regardless of whether we need him or not (We Don't). Signing a 33 year old to win the 2nd division is a joke, that fact he would be 35 by the time we got to the SPFL should be a reason to stay away anyway. It is a no from me and not to mention the past few times I did see him play he looked crap.