Youth career

Zrinjski Mostar

Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2004–2006 Široki Brijeg 23 (2)

2006–2010 Hajduk Split 61 (2)

2010–2013 Mechelen 68 (5)

National team‡

2006–2008 Bosnia and Herzegovina U21 13 (0)

2007– Bosnia and Herzegovina 22 (0)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 April 2013.

† Appearances (Goals).

‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 30 April 2013

Boris Pandža (born December 15, 1986 in Mostar) is a Bosnian footballer who plays for Glasgow Rangers. He is also playing for the national team of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

May be the Bosnians know something we don't or more likely wishful thinking!

Apparently the Pandza deal is off.

I hope that's true. Ally should be able to work with what we have already. This bringing in new players only to be handing out pay-offs to others in those positions isn't something that should be encouraged. On our way back up Ally should be watching his budget much more closely and trying to plan for saving some cash for the transfer window before our top flight return in a couple of years time.

I hope that's true. Ally should be able to work with what we have already. This bringing in new players only to be handing out pay-offs to others in those positions isn't something that should be encouraged. On our way back up Ally should be watching his budget much more closely and trying to plan for saving some cash for the transfer window before our top flight return in a couple of years time.

I can understand the thinking of a manager, always wanting to bring in players he sees fit. But in some interviews Ally kind of comes across like a kid in a candy store who wants to buy all the stuff he sees without thinking about the money he's got in his pocket. I don't mean that disdainfully but I think he needs to see this kind of policy is unrealistic in the future.

I hope that's true. Ally should be able to work with what we have already. This bringing in new players only to be handing out pay-offs to others in those positions isn't something that shouldn't be encouraged. On our way back up Ally should be watching his budget much more closely and trying to plan for saving some cash for the transfer window before our top flight return in a couple of years time.

Totally agree. You could argue we're still short of another out and out striker, another quality centre half and a backup goalie who won't have his development hindered by a lack of game time, but we have lots of players who can cover several positions. Any more signings would be an extravagance as far as I'm concerned.

Totally agree. You could argue we're still short of another out and out striker, another quality centre half and a backup goalie who won't have his development hindered by a lack of game time, but we have lots of players who can cover several positions. Any more signings would be an extravagance as far as I'm concerned.

Considering the league we're in and the fact that we're still a couple of years away from a top flight return, the manager needs to be a lot more prudent. I simply don't accept the excuse that Ally will just spend his budget and inflate the squad until he's told to stop. That's not a valid retort or excuse for me.

If Ally needs a striker there's no reason why Callum Gallacher, Ryan Hardie or another young lad couldn't be called on when we're in the 3rd tier of Scottish football.

If Ally needs another backup goalkeeper, he's already got young Smith who's been on the 1st team subs bench recently.

If Ally needs a centre half he's got Gasparotto who should already be ahead of Jig for that position.

Perhaps Ally thinks any savings versus the player budget will just go towards dividends rather than be ringfenced for 2 years' time...:D

It's his job to sit down with the board and negotiate an agreement on that issue. I would hope that Ally has the sense to do exactly that after the current boardroom battle is concluded and things have calmed down because a strategy needs to be put in place and if Ally is staying in the manager's job he needs to be heavily involved in designing and agreeing that strategy.

Considering the league we're in and the fact that we're still a couple of years away from a top flight return, the manager needs to be a lot more prudent. I simply don't accept the excuse that Ally will just spend his budget and inflate the squad until he's told to stop. That's not a valid retort or excuse for me.

If Ally needs a striker there's no reason why Callum Gallacher, Ryan Hardie or another young lad couldn't be called on when we're in the 3rd tier of Scottish football.

If Ally needs another backup goalkeeper, he's already got young Smith who's been on the 1st team subs bench recently.

If Ally needs a centre half he's got Gasparotto who should already be ahead of Jig for that position.

Having watched Ryan Hardie score five goals the other night it might sound strange to say he didn't look ready for the first team, but he didn't. Physically he looked waif like compared to the Clydebank players, he really looked like a boy.

I think the desire for another keeper is to place a bit of pressure on Bell. The drop from Bell to Gallagher far less Smith is quite big, I imagine the danger of complacency is in McCoist's mind. I always thought it was the purchase of Duncan Ferguson that got us another couple of great seasons out of Hateley.

Having watched Ryan Hardie score five goals the other night it might sound strange to say he didn't look ready for the first team, but he didn't. Physically he looked waif like compared to the Clydebank players, he really looked like a boy.

I remember reading you saying that about Hardie on here the other night mate, but surely if he looked like a lanky boy compared to the Clydebank players, yet still scored 5 goals, it shows that a player's stature and physical presence isn't necessarily the most important thing?

I think the desire for another keeper is to place a bit of pressure on Bell. The drop from Bell to Gallagher far less Smith is quite big, I imagine the danger of complacency is in McCoist's mind.

I understand the logic of having competition for Bell if Scott Gallacher is going out on loan, but I don't understand the timing. Having another keeper of similar standard and experience to Bell as bench-warming competition for the number one spot is a ridiculous extravagance for a 3rd tier club, even for us. I don't see why we would need to bring in another experienced top quality keeper before our top flight return. Bring in another cracking keeper in the summer of 2015 and put the wages saved into a transfer kitty that can be accumulated over the next 2 years.