The point is that we obviously have to invite people looking to buy any players too. Bocanegra had offers, Goian too. Why there was need for any pay-off is beyond me. If anything, we could have freed them for their new clubs. As it stands, these two chaps got a pay-off from us and also a new wage from their new clubs. Even my limited business understanding notes the wrongness of somesuch.

I would assume that we are trying to get Hegarty, Hutton, Perry, Gallacher and possibly Gasparotto out on loan or may even sell some of them. Argyiou is also still there and bound to go.

You can't just "free" a player who is under contract, if he doesn't accept it. If you were Goian or Bocanegra would you have "accepted" a free, I doubt it?

Hutton and Perry aren't fit. Hutton may well be needed if Black gets suspended either for the betting thing or if he goes back to his old ways with yellow/red cards.

Argyriou, Hegarty and Cribari look the most likely loan/sale candidates to me apart from Gallagher and even so it is by no means certain that a"borrowing" club would be willing or able to pick up the full tab, in terms of wages. Barry Mackay must be a candidate as well, as he seems well out the picture at the moment. One has to assume from all the noise Ally has made, that they have some club lined up to take Gallagher and guarantee him a game. Buying Bell was a mistake in my opinion and taking on Simonsen would just compound it, as far as I am concerned. Gallagher could have played through the divisions and been ready for the Premiership, he's not a kid after all.

While I usual dislike to disect posts, I'll do it to make the right remarks at the right places ...

You can't just "free" a player who is under contract, if he doesn't accept it. If you were Goian or Bocanegra would you have "accepted" a free, I doubt it?

Without doubt. We knew though that Bocan and Goian were actively wanted by other clubs and one would hope that if there was any pay-off, it took any future wage into consideration. And we can't "free" Argyriou or anyone else either without their consent. They obviously get money "for nothing" if they stay on and why would anyone would dislike that ... though I do assume that they'll train and do anything that is asked of them to fulfill their deals.

Hutton and Perry aren't fit. Hutton may well be needed if Black gets suspended either for the betting thing or if he goes back to his old ways with yellow/red cards.

Yeah, and I was not solely speaking about the current transfer window. I for one can't see a future Rangers centre-half in Perry, while Hutton was a "bag of hot air" last season, a season that could have been his (but effectively was Macleod's). The Black scenario is manyfold these days, yet, there still is Peralta, Law, Macleod, Faure, McAusland and even McCulloch who could play the holding role (which ain't Black's best role IMHO), plus that chap we currently have on trial.

Argyriou, Hegarty and Cribari look the most likely loan/sale candidates to me apart from Gallagher and even so it is by no means certain that a"borrowing" club would be willing or able to pick up the full tab, in terms of wages. Barry Mackay must be a candidate as well, as he seems well out the picture at the moment. One has to assume from all the noise Ally has made, that they have some club lined up to take Gallagher and guarantee him a game. Buying Bell was a mistake in my opinion and taking on Simonsen would just compound it, as far as I am concerned. Gallagher could have played through the divisions and been ready for the Premiership, he's not a kid after all.

After seeing Gallacher having a string of good games, I'd have to agree. While it is good to have a couple of decent keepers, it can't be great for a promising chap to know that e.g. from next summer onwards he'll play second fiddle to Bell for a season or two. Alas, that is not our problem.

Yep, I would assume that it wouldn't harm McKay if he's loaned for 6 months to get real competitive games under his belt.

dB, you STILL cant just free a player so their new clubs can take them. It may be morally wrong but contractually they are entitled. Look at Goian and use examples.... say they were on 20k a week each at Rangers ( I know they werent but lets just use numbers as examples...) and their "new clubs" were prepared to offer them 10k a week. Would you willingly be "freed" without payoff knowing that your salary was about to be halved ? I doubt many would. So it still isnt as easy as Club A wants to get rid, club B wants to sign, Club A frees, player signs with Club B.

It doesnt work like that !!

Radio Scotland/Chic Young, Ally has told him there is a possibility Kenny Miller could be back, as there will be a few going in the window.

Hope that's not 'paid off'.

Ally told him that he hadn't spoken to Kenny Miller and in any event as Richard Gordon said, he's just signed a new contract and the MLS are hardly going to free him.

Ally told him that he hadn't spoken to Kenny Miller and in any event as Richard Gordon said, he's just signed a new contract and the MLS are hardly going to free him.

bbc are reporting his contract been mutually cancelled by vancouver...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta