Jon Daly set for Rangers move after medical

Dundee United skipper Jon Daly will sign a two-year deal at Rangers, with a year's option, subject to the 30-year-old passing a medical examination.

I have done a medical, so I am just waiting to hear back on that and if that is all okay then it should be done and dusted," he said.

I think they were quite pleased with the shape of me.

The chance to work with [Rangers manager] Ally McCoist and his backroom staff was very appealing.

Just because they are in the lower reaches doesn't take away from the size of the club

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22590038?

Welcome to Ibrox big man. Rather have you on our side than playing against us. Not overly excited about it but Clark and him could strike up a good partnership hopefully. I guess we'll still have Andy Little up front at the start up til September. Well thats if Coisty doesnt play Little on the right wing right enough:fish:

I don't know why but I just get the feeling this big fella is going to do a job for us in more ways than one. On the park I think he will bang them in for fun. It's the whole Irish Tim thing that will show that mob up once they turn their venom on him for letting the 'cause' down. I honestly can't see the boy getting anything other than support from us if he is producing the goods, while I can see them going into meltdown trying to find a way to discredit him signing for us. Remember "Mojo was a publicity stunt (although it don't stop them trying to set fire to the stables at the back of Souness' house in Edinburgh when he was letting Mojo stay with him for a while). You will never sign a proper Tim". Then they gave Neil McCann dogs abuse playing for Scotland in Dublin. They will shoot themselves in the foot. Just give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves (although maybe I'm being naive given this country's press coverage of such incidents).

I don't expect to get the usual 'fuck off he's an Irish Tim' on this forum, but in case it's on it's way - I'm not one of the PC brigade who preaches love for all. I was young at one time in my life and couldn't handle the thought of a Tim playing for my Club, but when Mo J,Neil McCann, big Ammo etc hit the back of the net I realised it was my Club I loved, as opposed to a dislike of anything, and I cheered them as much as I have cheered anyone in a royal blue jersey.

for me this is exactly the opposite of what we need.

that said i am sure he will score for fun in sfl2.

I'm not saying it's the way I would be doing things if I was our manager, but I think he will be very effective for where we are, and I will give him my full support.

Edited by Anchorman

I'm not saying it's the way I would be doing things if I was our manager, but I think he will be very effective for where we are, and I will give hime my fall support.

my issue is by the time we are in the spl he will be no use to us. as such in the meantime hes just stealing game time from someone who might be. like little or clark.

that and i can only imagine hes costing way way more than we need to be spending to get out of sfl2.

If we were an SPL side id still expect Ally to make this type of signing.

I hope he does well but this is Gordon Petric No.2

What are we going to do when we get promoted back to the SPL with run of the mill players?