e5f13757360abae96edaf4672d276461_S.jpg

CRAIG MATHER says Rangers have had no contact about the prospect of being invited to a second tier of the SPL and insists the club is planning for life in the Second Division.

The interim club chief executive also maintains the Light Blues want to move up through the leagues naturally rather than be fast-tracked through the system at a faster rate.

Mather has been in San Francisco over the weekend meeting fans at this yearâ??s annual NARSA convention in California.

They put a number of posers to him during a question and answer session which took place on Saturday morning after the associationâ??s annual meeting.

One which appeared to draw a greater reaction than many regarded the idea of perhaps being asked into a potential new SPL2 set-up.

But Mather, speaking exclusively with Ally McCoist to RangersTV in a wide-ranging interview available now, has moved to make the clubâ??s stance on the matter clear.

Nothing has been said either formally or informally to anyone at Ibrox about moving up more than one division in time for the new campaign.

And with 2013/14 just a few weeks from beginning now, that isnâ??t expected to change at this late stage.

Mather said: â??Ally and I have always been on the same page and the clubâ??s stance is simple. Weâ??re now in June and we have had no contact whatsoever from the SPL regarding anything.

â??We want to work our way up the leagues creating building blocks so that when we get back to the top of Scottish football, we have the right team and ethos.

â??As far as we are concerned, we will be playing in SFL2 or whatever that league will be called next season.

â??The interesting thing for me is that I love pulling opinions in from people because you canâ??t make an educated decision on anything without listening to others.

â??Iâ??ve had quite a number of emails and conversations where some think we should just work our way up the leagues and others think we should be back at the top as quickly as possible.

â??There are mixed views but as far as we are concerned, we want to work our way up the leagues. Thereâ??s no grey area there and we want to work our way up.â?

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...

Not bill mcmurdo?

Acoording to him Walter is all set to accept the invite. More or less

Dunno. I saw Vidmar's post and everything seemed (to me) to develop from there. McMurdo certainly blogged again about it following that. McMurdo says that he had mentioned it previously but don't think that it generated the same level of talk as Vidmar's rumour, although I could be wrong.

I guess it also depends on the credibility that you give either source.