BBC Sahhaf - Absolute Comedy Gold

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22951447?utm_source=gersnews&utm_medium=twitter

The above response from BBC Scotland came as no surprise to me. It displays all the characteristics of an organisation I have dealt on a number of occasions over the last two years, and whose hatred, arrogance and lack of objectivity is dissipating any semblance of credibility it had left. And it didn't have a lot left I might add.

Apparently they know better than everyone else â?? The Advertising Standards Authority, UEFA, the SFA, the SPL, the European Clubs Association, even their own BBC Trust Editorial Standards Committee. They also apparently know better than one of the most qualified legal minds in our country â?? Lord Nimmo Smith â?? who commented as follows :-

It will be recalled that in Article 2 "Club" is defined in terms of "the undertaking of an association football club", and in Rule I1 it is defined in terms of an association football club which is, for the time being, eligible to participate in the League, and includes the owner and operator of such Club. Taking these definitions together, the SPL and its members have provided, by contract, that a Club is an undertaking which is capable of being owned and operated. While it no doubt depends on individual circumstances what exactly is comprised in the undertaking of any particular Club, it would at the least comprise its name, the contracts with its players, its manager and other staff, and its ground, even though these may change from time to time. In common speech a Club is treated as a recognisable entity which is capable of being owned and operated, and which continues in existence despite its transfer to another owner and operator. In legal terms, it appears to us to be no different from any other undertaking which is capable of being carried on, bought and sold. This is not to say that a Club has legal personality, separate from and additional to the legal personality of its owner and operator. We are satisfied that it does not, and Mr McKenzie did not seek to argue otherwise.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-three/newco-rangers-must-answer-oldco-charges-insists-commission-chief-1-2542646?

But rather than being angry with their latest response, I'm now finding it amusing. Very amusing in fact. This publicly funded media organisation are now operating at the level of the delusional. They are now ignoring legal rulings on the matter as well as the expert opinions of bodies who really matter â?? UEFA, the ECA amongst others.

They have now become the Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf of the media world. For those who need reminding, he was the Iraqi Minister For Information who broadcast to the world that the Iraqi army was repulsing the western infidels in rivers of blood. Unfortunately at the same time, the world he was addressing were watching the complete rout of the Iraqi army via television. I would respectfully suggest we rename BBC Scotland - BBC Sahhaf.

Furthermore it's clear from social media that those in the employment of BBC Scotland are clearly hurting. The petulant and churlish nature of some of their tweets today was a joy to behold. They were behaving like miscreant children with petted lips as a consequence of being disciplined.

The wider implications for the BBC are clear for all to see â?? with the exception of the delusional who operate from within their bunker at Pacific Quay. The damage they are causing the BBC nationally is considerable, but it is a rod of their own making. It would be a considerable irony if their response today to the BBC Trust Editorial Committee ruling proved to be the catalyst to the BBC Trust re-visiting and re-opening the complaint of institutional bias against Rangers FC which was also lodged against them.

But I'd like to thank BBC Sahhaf for what has been quite simply comedy genius, my sides are still aching at your behaviour today.

Which just goes to show â?? Some mothers do 'ave 'em.

It would be a considerable irony if their response today to the BBC Trust Editorial Committee ruling proved to be the catalyst to the BBC Trust re-visiting and re-opening the complaint of institutional bias against Rangers FC which was also lodged against them.

This will happen in time

Any future complaints can be made here...https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor

I think there needs to be at least 100 complaints until any action is looked at...thousands of complaints should suffice :D

You can also complain to the broadcasting regulator Ofcom about BBC radio and TV programmes (except complaints about bias, inaccuracy and some commercial issues, which are the BBC Trust’s responsibility); and you can complain to Ofcom about programmes transmitted by other UK broadcasters. For Ofcom's full remit, reports and details of how to complain visit the Ofcom website.

we should start a boycott of the licence fee :mad:

These bastards say what they choose hiding behind the licence fee backed up by the law.

They would be out of work if they played by the same rules as everyone else.

They should now be taken to task in open Court.

Typical of the arrogance of that organisation and their indifference to public opinion, BBC Scotland is embarrassment to the ethos of the BBC's original ideals.

They most certainly are. They seem to fail to grasp that it was accurate, objective and fair reporting which earned them their respect.

Lifted from the BBC's cycling page today. We may be the People, but we are far from alone on this one. The context is that, when asked if he was relieved that Wiggo was out of Le Tour, Froome replied 'I wouldn't say relieved is the right word". Headline: Froome Relieved at Wiggins Absence. There are plenty more pissed off comments at http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22957697

It's possible that they are just plain shite rather than at it, I suppose.

"This is tabloid journalism. Seems to have increased more and more lately at BBC Sport."

"Headline does not correspond to the video at all. Very cheap journalism."

You know why Froome doesn't like these Q&As? Because petty pot-stirrers twist his words out of context. Your counterparts at Sky have headlined this interview "Froome: Wiggins absence a blow"; and you know what, you lot could take some journalistic lessons from them."

"What a sensationalist, cheap piece of journalism. There was a time when the BBC was something to be pride of. Now they've been reduced to this: encouraging Froome to say bad things about Wiggins. If (British) Team Sky implodes we'll only have (British) hacks to blame..."

"I normally get a bit peeved by all the BBC haters that comment on these pages, I mean why read the BBC if all you are going to do is slate them.

Then we get an article like this and its just embarrassing. If I made a twist on words like that in my job I'd have been sacked long ago."

"BBC Journalists, this our GB backed team. Impartiality is the least they deserve, pathetic!"