Fantasy?? Im hardly on about Petr Cech! It wouldnt surprise me at all if we went for him.

I know Arsene Wenger is a fan after the France match and they will be looking to replace Lehmann soon so I can believe that one and IF we were up against Arsenal then we wouldnt have a chance. But at the moment he is with Hearts so its a possibility

We will no doubt agree to disagree - my reasons why we won't sign Gordon are :

1. Hearts don't need the money.

2. He just signed a contract extension (my point here only relates to a FEE)

3. I doubt we would get him for less than 3 million (and that could very well be a conservative estimate) given the length of contract he is on, he is young, and obviously a talented keeper.

4. Any money we do have is required elsewhere right now and, hopefully, PLG sees that.

5. Arsenal have been credited with an interest more than once and I am sure they will not be the only big club monitoring his progress - Man U might also come into the reckoning because Van Der Sar isn't getting any younger (this is speculation on my part).

I just think there are too many reasons why this wouldn't/shouldn't happen to ignore them.

We will no doubt agree to disagree - my reasons why we won't sign Gordon are :

1. Hearts don't need the money.

2. He just signed a contract extension (my point here only relates to a FEE)

3. I doubt we would get him for less than 3 million (and that could very well be a conservative estimate) given the length of contract he is on, he is young, and obviously a talented keeper.

4. Any money we do have is required elsewhere right now and, hopefully, PLG sees that.

5. Arsenal have been credited with an interest more than once and I am sure they will not be the only big club monitoring his progress - Man U might also come into the reckoning because Van Der Sar isn't getting any younger (this is speculation on my part).

I just think there are too many reasons why this wouldn't/shouldn't happen to ignore them.

I suppose after reading some of that points it makes it harder for us to get him.

It would all depend on a fee and who we would be up against should we go for him.

I didn't realise Webster was so young, maybe he's worth another look although PLG seems keen to go the foreign route.

I can't see Gordon coming to us for the reasons mentioned above, mainly that there will be much bigger clubs than us going in for him.

I suppose after reading some of that points it makes it harder for us to get him.

It would all depend on a fee and who we would be up against should we go for him.

Another point that could have been mentioned would be that Vlad hates us !

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have seen Gordon playing for us but all those points make it unlikely - plus if he did come in we would lose McGregor - and he seems to be doing a very decent job for us - there is no saying how well he could do when given a full run as #1 and not having to look over his shoulder.

Is Gordon the better keeper ? Quite likely yes - but then Gordon has also had the experience of benig 1st choice with a defence in front of him that does a good job (I didn't say good players, they just do a good job) whilst McGregor has performed admirably with nothing but bomb-scares in front of him (Stevie Smith excepted). Would be interesting to see how McGregor does with a decent defence in front of him.

Is Gordon the better keeper ? Quite likely yes - but then Gordon has also had the experience of benig 1st choice with a defence in front of him that does a good job (I didn't say good players, they just do a good job) whilst McGregor has performed admirably with nothing but bomb-scares in front of him (Stevie Smith excepted). Would be interesting to see how McGregor does with a decent defence in front of him.

See what your saying Craig, but i thought id throw this point in that a lot of the bomb scares started when Klos got injured so maybe we've to put it down to defenders and keepers not communicating.

But Mcgregor is coming onto a game and has kept what 4 clean sheets in 5??

Another point that could have been mentioned would be that Vlad hates us !

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have seen Gordon playing for us but all those points make it unlikely - plus if he did come in we would lose McGregor - and he seems to be doing a very decent job for us - there is no saying how well he could do when given a full run as #1 and not having to look over his shoulder.

After watching a recent interview on RTV, Billy Thomson seems to be pretty confident that Mcgregor will eventually overtake Gordon and become the Scotland No1.

I'm fairly confident that no matter what happens well will still have Klos and Letizi until the end of the season so we will have cover until the summer at least. The goalkeeping position is one position we can forget about for now, it's far more important that we strengthen other areas of the team.

See what your saying Craig, but i thought id throw this point in that a lot of the bomb scares started when Klos got injured so maybe we've to put it down to defenders and keepers not communicating.

But Mcgregor is coming onto a game and has kept what 4 clean sheets in 5??

I think McGregor has shown that he's improving all the time, so who knows, 3 or 4 years down the line, if he stays as number 1, he might be a better keeper than Gordon? Gordon is benefiting from the experience he's been given over the last few years at club and international level, so McGregor is really a few years back on him.

Our poor defending is obviously down to a few different reasons, apart from the lack of a commanding centre half. I know from watching the game against Hibs, we could still have made it difficult for ourselves if Hibs had taken a couple of their chances we gifted them.

I'm confident PLG has his eyes on someone to come in and sort the back 4 out though.

After watching a recent interview on RTV, Billy Thomson seems to be pretty confident that Mcgregor will eventually overtake Gordon and become the Scotland No1.

I'm fairly confident that no matter what happens well will still have Klos and Letizi until the end of the season so we will have cover until the summer at least. The goalkeeping position is one position we can forget about for now, it's far more important that we strengthen other areas of the team.

He did tonight. He overtook Gorden in my eyes. Every ball held in atrocious conditions. A brilliant save at the end. The only smudge for me was the ball he punched i thought he could have held that, and it was a pretty poor punch.

On the other hand he would have gotten some verbal if he tried to hold it and fumbled. A keeper is not our main issue at the moment.