Gers Confirm Pre-Season Tour

14383eebd7367174c74b324d2774f2dc_S.jpg

RANGERS have today confirmed they will play Bristol City, subject to approval from the requisite football authorities, in a pre-season friendly at Ashton Gate on Saturday, 13 July and will then travel to Germany as part of their preparations for the 2013/14 season.

Ally McCoistâ??s squad will kick off against Bristol City at*kick-off 12.30pm before returning*to the German training camp in Marienfeld and will play another two games during a nine-day tour.

FC Gutersloh 2000 will be Rangers first opponents in Germany on Wednesday, 17 July at the Heidewaldstadion in Gutersloh, kick-off 7pm, with the final game of the tour on Saturday, 20 July against Dutch club FC Emmen at Stadium Meerdjik, kick-off 4pm.

The team will depart for Bristol on Friday, 12 July and return to Glasgow on Sunday, 21 July.

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...

RANGERS have today confirmed they will play Bristol City, subject to approval from the requisite football authorities, in a pre-season friendly at Ashton Gate on Saturday, 13 July and will then travel to Germany as part of their preparations for the 2013/14 season.

Ally McCoistâ??s squad will kick off against Bristol City at kick-off 12.30pm before returning to the German training camp in Marienfeld and will play another two games during a nine-day tour.

FC Gutersloh 2000 will be Rangers first opponents in Germany on Wednesday, 17 July at the Heidewaldstadion in Gutersloh, kick-off 7pm, with the final game of the tour on Saturday, 20 July against Dutch club FC Emmen at Stadium Meerdjik, kick-off 4pm.

The team will depart for Bristol on Friday, 12 July and return to Glasgow on Sunday, 21 July.

[h=1]City to host Glasgow Rangers[/h] Posted: Thu 20 Jun 2013

Author: Adam Baker

rangers-43213-871669_478x359.jpg

Glasgow Rangers

Image by: bcfc.co.uk

[h=3]Scottish giants heading to BS3 next month.[/h]City are to host Glasgow Rangers in a pre-season friendly at Ashton Gate on Saturday, July 13th (kick-off 12.30pm).

The game will see Sean O’Driscoll’s side tackle the 54-time Scottish champions, currently rebuilding after financial crisis saw them demoted to the bottom tier.

Last season Ally McCoist’s side romped to the Scottish Third Division title and they are already favourites in the forthcoming Scottish Second Division season.

Head coach O’Driscoll told bcfc.co.uk: “It’s a great pre-season fixture for us to play a club of Rangers’ size and history and adds an extra dimension to our pre-season programme.

“Glasgow Rangers always attract a massive following wherever they play and a big crowd at Ashton Gate will add to our preparations for the coming season.”

The fixture will be City’s first home pre-season friendly of 2013/14, followed by Championship club Reading’s visit to BS3 on Wednesday, July 24th.

Tickets for the Rangers game will be priced £16 for adults, £10 for senior citizens and £8 for under-18s.

As part of an agreement between the clubs, Rangers – who have a big support base south of the border – will be handed the entire Wedlock Stand, with their 4,000 ticket allocation expected to sell out.

The sales procedure for both home friendlies will follow in due course.

The Rangers fixture is subject to the requisite football authorities’ approval.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130619-rangersfriendly-871663.aspx#DfuzR6ojPwjEwBKK.99

I don't want us thrashed by big clubs but there is a severe lack of glamour in that tour. Disappointing.

When you consider the standard of the opposition we'll be facing next season where in a best case scenario we'll have a handful of cup games against SPL sides, I think it's a sensible approach to be avoiding glamour friendlies in pre-season.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if we bring an EPL side up to Ibrox at the end of July.

When you consider the standard of the opposition we'll be facing next season where in a best case scenario we'll have a handful of cup games against SPL sides, I think it's a sensible approach to be avoiding glamour friendlies in pre-season.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if we bring an EPL side up to Ibrox at the end of July.

I wasn't thinking EPL, more bottom of the Championship like Blackburn or Middlesburgh or say something like Palermo, Bari or Vicenza or a 2. Bundesliga team like Cologne, Bochum or Kaiserslautern. There are plenty of big clubs fallen on hard times that might relish a game with us.

I wasn't thinking EPL, more bottom of the Championship like Blackburn or Middlesburgh or say something like Palermo, Bari or Vicenza or a 2. Bundesliga team like Cologne, Bochum or Kaiserslautern. There are plenty of big clubs fallen on hard times that might relish a game with us.

I'm sure they would. I don't think we would be struggling to arrange a friendly with a household name if that's what we wanted. Obviously it would be more attractive to the fans and probably the players as well.

My point is that I think it's a wiser move to play against smaller/part-time opposition in pre-season if that's the task you're faced with in the season ahead ...both from a tactical & motivational perspective.