Help bail us out Gers

I may be in a minority of one here, but I'd be quite happy to play a pre-season game against Hearts. It would allow us to show that we have the class which others lacked when dealing with us last year.

I can slightly see where you are coming from in being classy. And had we still been an SPL side then yes I would lean towards that.

Also if this was a pre season tournament invited by some other team then yes we can play them.

But "bail us out" come on!!! This pre-season Hearts, who do we bail out next year???

Rangers should lead the way when it comes to Scottish football. Most fans, myself included, wouldn't be happy with helping a club and support that led the way in criticism of our situation but if Scottish football is ever to be fixed then we may have to do things that leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Anything else is cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Not a chance we should be getting involved with this. That clubs owner and fans delighted in our troubles.

You just have to recall our last match against them to see how much sympathy we got to our plight, a plight they are now enduring themselves.

Hearts will still be around as they are a big club, but they should get no help from us and if they have to go down the same route as us, I.e. liquidation of the company and the club restarting in div 3, then so be it. If they manage a CVA and stay in the top flight, fair enough, but not one scrap of help should come their way from us.

Talk of the moral high ground is nonsensical, as it has got us absolutely nowhere over the last decade but trodden over. If we have learned anything this last couple of years it is that we have to fight for everything we are going to get, and there are plenty out there trying to stop us at every turn. There are no morals in Scottish football, and here is no high ground either. Our game is entirely in the gutter and we are in no position to change this at this time. Things will have to change when we get back to the top league but for now things are still too sore and raw IMO to try to score brownie points with those who hate us.

Rangers should lead the way when it comes to Scottish football. Most fans, myself included, wouldn't be happy with helping a club and support that led the way in criticism of our situation but if Scottish football is ever to be fixed then we may have to do things that leave a bad taste in the mouth.

I think in time maybe, but now isn't the time. We're still being milked for our TV money and getting hardly anything for it, we're still in the 3rd tier because SPL clubs pandered to extreme elements of their support, and we're still owed millions of pounds.

We shouldn't have anything to do with any SPL club for a good while yet.

Honestly? After that request I'd hand an extra pre-season game to Third Lanark AC!

IMHO, this article should not be about us sadly saying "No" to Hearts-in-need, but why e.g. our money-rich neighbours from the east don't support their brethren in this our of need? Like e.g. Bayern did with Dortmund a few years back.

Hearts were and ran themselves into the ground, were among the first to take the opportunity-for-glory and voted us out of the SPL. I agree that we should set standards, but the blue pound has already helped 9 small clubs surviving the next three years or the like. It will help another 9 clubs to survive over the next months too, much more than any reconstruction will do. We did not exactly do that voluntarily, but our contribution to the welfare of the Scottish game should not be pinned on helping an arrogant and failed SPL club either - right now.

And another thing on this after reading der Berliners post above. If Hearts want a glamour match to raise funds, surely a derby match against Hibs is the way to go, or failing that surely the, ahem, champions would be the biggest draw?

But no, they know who the biggest club in the country is!

I may be in a minority of one here, but I'd be quite happy to play a pre-season game against Hearts. It would allow us to show that we have the class which others lacked when dealing with us last year.

I think this is true.

Hearts' psycho of an owner was typically vocal and unsympathetic to our predicament last year and some of the stuff written on their forums is bloody minded and hate-filled. I genuinely don't believe either of those represent the feelings of your average jambo though. The idiots always have the loudest voices.

I don't think any Rangers fan should be upset or offended by this is it goes ahead. No-one has to attend, and apart from anything else it could be a useful preseason match.

Listen, if you think I want to play Hearts after what happened last year, then you're mistaken.

However, until such a time we're playing elsewhere, we're stuck in Scotland which is a nation falling further and further behind other countries on the world stage. Now, like Hearts did, we can stand back and laugh while they and, inevitably, others enter administration which will put us all back further (apart from Celtic of course) or we bite the bullet, say enough is enough and show the kind of real leadership our game needs.

That may not necessarily be a friendly game against Hearts or Killie or whoever but it does mean getting round the negotiating table and using our power more constructively (and yes, in a tougher sense) than ever before. Anything else would just be contributing to shooting ourselves in the head.