Was watching MUTV last night and it revealed the Top 50 players in there history out of this new OPUS book which costs 3 grand.

The top 10 were:

1) Bobby Charlton

2) George Best

3) Roy Keane

4) Duncan Edwards

5) Denis Law

6) Bryan Robson

7) Eric Cantona

8) Peter Schmeichal

9) Ryan Giggs

10) Paul Scholes

I cant doubt the choice of top 10 except maybe Gary Neville could have been in there but id have had Ryan Giggs in the top 5.

Rooney was 11th, Ruud VN - 13th, Beckham 14th. Rio Ferd 48th, Teddy Sher 50th.

Rooney 11th? That's a bit of a joke IMO, he's only been there a couple of seasons.

Where abouts were Cole and Yorke Gribz? Them along with a couple of others got Man Ure to the CL final in 1999. They were awesome up front together.

Rooney 11th? That's a bit of a joke IMO, he's only been there a couple of seasons.

Where abouts were Cole and Yorke Gribz? Them along with a couple of others got Man Ure to the CL final in 1999. They were awesome up front together.

Goddam, hate to say it but agree Gav ;)

Also think that there are 3 names missing from me if you have Rooney and RvN in there so close. Pallister, Bruce and Hughes.

I agree Rooney is too far up at the moment.

Cole and Yorke were like 40th and 42nd if i remember correctly.

What about guys like McClair, Mark Hughes, even Ole Gunnar ???

It is a joke that Rooney is so high after so short a space of time.

On the way back to Bermuda from home I bought a pack of "top trump" cards (anyone remember them ?) and the series was "football legends" - and Rooney was in it - I mean, at 21, how the hell can he be a legend already ?

It is a farce, they have him in with guys like Pele, Maradona, Puskas, Eusebio - so, he has played for 4 years and he is a legend ? My arse he is !

Mark Hughes was a Man Ure legend absolutely no doubt about it and should be waaaaay above Rooney as should Pallister and Bruce. Mark Hughes scored the winning goal in the European CWC for Man Ure. Anyone remember that? I can but can't remember what year it was.

What about wee Paul Parker?